Vaccines required in Bahrain

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Bahrain, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Bahrain?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Bahrain? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Bahrain, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

To answer your question, I am an expatriate now here in Bahrain and I have not encountered any requirement from Bahrain government to have any vaccine before entering the country. For residency visa, they are requiring expatriate to pass the medical test which is quite normal in any GCC countries.

In regards to Covid-19 vaccine, it is recommended in any countries now not only in Bahrain. For expatriate who are already residence (meaning they have CPR/VISA) and wants to be vaccinated, they have a mobile App called BeAware which you can register and choose the kind of vaccine you want. It is ongoing now and I think more than 14% of the population (citizen and residence) have already get the first dose of the vaccine. I myself received the first dose 5 days ago and it it not compulsory but highly recommended by the Ministry of Health. It is not also a requirement to enter Bahrain at this time. I hope I did help you with this information...

Hi there no there is no requirement of getting vaccine before coming to Bahrain but there are 3 test for Covid -19 will be done when you will arrive to Bahrain and thats it Bahrain Govt is very friendly its not forcing anyone to have vaccine its upto your choice what only they make sure when you arrive in Bahrain that you are Covid-19 free or not
i have applied for vaccine and waiting for appointment i hope sooner i will get it
i hope i have answered your questions feel free to contact me if you have any question

As others said, no requirement for vaccine.

What is frustrating and not for Bahrain specifically, is that people who are vaccinated, don't get any special treatment during travel.  For example, I am fully vaccinated since January but whenever I enter Saudi, I have to do a test before, self quarantine for 2 days and then do a test after.   So the purpose of vaccines is to limit the load on the healthcare sector but it won't ease your life anytime soon in conducting your daily business or travel.  Until or unless, sufficient populations around the world are vaccinated and the virus is controlled.

It is always good to get vaccinated as a moral duty as well as for your own safety irrespective of you travelling or not. As an expat we got the jabs and are part of the progressive nation that we are residing particularly when the government of Bahrain has taken very thoughtful initiatives.

Vaccines prevent diseases that can be dangerous, or even deadly. Vaccines greatly reduce the risk of infection by working with the body's natural defenses to safely develop immunity to disease and also with the others you are exposed to.

Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected. Therefore, if the vaccine is available its better to get vaccainated.

I did have a flue jab and this is taken every year.

These vaccines are not compulsory ; they are recommended.

COVID-19 vaccine is not required to enter the country ; however you need to have a negative PCR before you board the flight to enter the country. Starting from February 22, 2021, all passengers arriving in the Kingdom of Bahrain must undergo a series of PCR tests (at their own expense), costing BD36. The first test will take place on arrival and the second will take place five days later. The third and final test will take place on the 10th day of your stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

More info can be obtained from the below link :

https://www.bahrainairport.bh/covid-19- … nformation

Vaccination not required to enter in Bahrain, you need to go three PCR tests costing BD36 as soon as arrived to Bahrain ,first test will be at airport, next two after 5 and 10 days at exhibition center,
I have vaccinated and have received the certificate, there are 5 type vaccine are approved in Bahrain, as such no travel benefit or relaxation is offered for vaccinated persons, consider to boost the immunity, one entering in Bahrain must download Be aware application to registered for test and vaccination, vaccine will be given to a person holding valid Bahrain RP and CPR.

Just goes to show how utterly pointless the jab is.

If drastically reducing the risk of contracting Covid 19 or transmitting it to others is pointless, then I really wonder...

You need to  W.H.O report. 99.7% survivable U50s.  Theres no reason to take it nor carry on this debate. Enjoy.

Hi all. I've been living here long term on a work visit visa since last year. I want to remain in Bahrain but as I don't have a CPR I cannot get the Covid vaccination. If I am not vaccinated I will no longer be able to go to restaurants or gyms etc indoors and then probably malls and Supermarkets will follow suit. Every week I pay 25 bd to continue staying here as well as rent monthly. I want the vaccine and would even pay although everyone else gets it for free. I am upset and desperate, what can I do??

Your concerns are valid, you may call 444 and talk to them, they could tell you better

I have been trying to call them the last TWO HOURS and the lines are all busy

Unfortunately, right now, vaccines are only for CPR card holders i.e. citizens and residents.  Until they change it or a pay vaccination program comes out, there is not much that you can do.

Maybe try to file a complaint on the Tawasul portal, choosing Ministry of Health and then detailing your situation.   Usually on Tawasul they are very responsive.

Thank you so much

May you please give us an update on the vaccination requirement? thanks

What update?   I have already clarified above.

What is the saturation for people who are covid19 recovered and already have the antibodies planning fo move to Bahrain? Theres serveral references to people who are vaccinated or covid recovered in Bahrain covid 'passport' but cannot see anything on how to register and evidence a covid positive test and recovery outside of Bahrain. What restrictions are there if you choose not fo be vaccinated just yet?

So far no restrictions.  But from the first day of Eid, you won't be able to enter indoor restaurants, gyms etc.  Expect more restrictions as more and more people get vaccinated.

Thanks... how do you register for 'covid recovered' with UK NHS documents?

You don't.  At least till now, there is no provision for vaccination or recoveries outside of Bahrain.   Hopefully in the coming weeks, they will provide more clarity on this.

How much are pcr tests once a resident in Bahrain?

Good Morning All. Could someone provide details of any new restrictions coming up after Ramadan. I understand there will be some restrictions for non vaccinated people.

All official communications are mentioned in the below link:

https://healthalert.gov.bh/en/category/latest-decisions

T&R

How long does the 'recorvered' status last for?

HI,

My Wife have RP printed her CPR is not processed .

heard for entering CPR office one needs to be vaccinated . Please let me know can we process her CPR online or with the CPR number in passport page can she book for vaccination .

Please let me know

Sushin

If you have EWA bill in your name, you can apply online. For vaccination, you can register when cpr is issued but for the jab, they want to see physical card.

Hi XTANG,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't have a EWA bill on my name.

Please let me know can I process the cpr online with following method
1- with the municipality letter
2- Upadate my adress in LMRA portal of a relative who is having EWA bill in his name

Or suggest is any alternate for getting the cpr through online

Thanks & Regards
Sushin.RN

yes you can apply online from Bahrain.bh and for appointment it requires CPR Expiry date so you cant be able to take appointment without your CPR its very simple process to apply online

yes you have to submit a Declaration of Accommodation from sign by your friend and its done from is also available https://services.bahrain.bh/wps/portal/ … 2IE10618I5
but first you go to bahrian.bh and apply CPR if they ask then you need to do all this process sometimes there is no need to update address

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Online CPR services are available only for kids below 4 years right?

I checked with my wife CPR , it's is not allowing for online services.

But for my daughter online CPR processing services are accepting

Must be some problem with your wife data. It's working fine for me.

no its not only for kids its for all but might be something wrong with your wife's data u can use skiplino app to take appointment and it will be done very quickly there

Please let me know for the first time cpr processing those who are above 4 years direct presence is required right?