Philippines vehicle licence

I renewed my phil vehicle licence in Aug2016, i have lost the plastic, so..
Question...how many years are these licences good for before they expire
Question...if the expiry date has passed is it still easy to renew. When I renewed I was told that renewal can be be done within 2 years of the expiry date.
Has anyone information on this,I ask as things change in the Philippines so often
Thanks
Gordon

I renewed mine in 2016 and it is valid for 5 years. 

Some of your questions can be answered in this article:

https://filipiknow.net/drivers-license-renewal/

Best regards.

TeeJay4103 wrote:

I renewed mine in 2016 and it is valid for 5 years. 
Some of your questions can be answered in this article:
https://filipiknow.net/drivers-license-renewal/

I suppouse he ment VEHICLE licence, not drivers licence, but I gave you a like at that post because that website had other interesting info   :)

I haven't researched vehicles yet, because I will sure not buy any in a while, but perhaps this is same as Vehicle licence, and such are yearly related to inspections (except for rather new vehicles)   https://lto.gov.ph/motor-vehicle-regist … icles.html

Mine is good for 10 years for drivers license.  And my vehicle license is good for 4 years.

Bukidnonkane wrote:

Mine is good for 10 years for drivers license.  And my vehicle license is good for 4 years.

My current driver's license is a five year license and will be renewed in November for 10 years. The license plates on our vehicles are assigned for the life of the vehicle.  Inspections are done yearly at which time they used to give you a new sticker indicating the expiration. They have discontinued that practice at this time. After inspection of the vehicle and emission's testing, the paperwork is submitted to the LTO and they issue a new registration for another year.

I renewed my driver's licence in August 2016 so I am assuming that it is still current and good for renewal for 2 years after expiry,then good for 10 years.
My dilemma is,I have lost the plastic licence card.
Will my name be on a national LTO data base and easy to recover, or will my data be only on the LTO data base at the LTO office where I renewed my licence.

Anything is possible

I live in Cairns .Queensland, Australia, living costs here are not as expensive as further south,
The unit which I have been renting for 3 years since returning from Vietnam has been costing me aud$250pw
The unit has been sold so for the past few days I have searching for another rental.
I secured one this morning costing $260pw,very lucky to have found  one,
I am so so waiting for the borders to open so of to the Philippines. I'm sure that my accommodation cost in the provinces will be a lot less than  $260 pw

Hey I could not leave that one without a reply. if you are talking about provinces we are in a place called Tagakpan an hour out of Davao in a largely plantation area. We have spare rooms as we run a charity health retreat and covid has helped by stopping people from visiting hospitals and doctors. The cost to stay here for a week is $150 AU including healthy meals and all necessities.
Cheers from John

Hey,Johnthesailor, smile,I was talking with "tongue in cheek "when posting that I was going to find rents for aud$250per month.
I intend looking at Samar or Leyte to live.
Maybe rents are reasonable there.
And not the hustle and bustle
Thanks  Johnthesailor

Somehow this thread veered in another direction.... There is another thread about renting in Samar/Leyte.

On topic:

I live in Angeles, Pampanga. I bought my car a year and a half ago; it had been registered new in July 2017. I was told that it had to be re-registered every three years in July because the last digit on the plate is "7." The dealership I bought from took care of the re-registration, and I had to go for a smog test. I don't think I got another sticker, just papers.

They didn't check for insurance coverage like they do in Los Angeles.

I really should go to LTO and get the address on my drivers license brought up to date. I'll find out when it has to be renewed; hopefully it's legit enough even though I got it through dubious means when I was here on a one-month visit two years ago.

Regards,

George

Is there any issue with age in registering a car?

Is there a penalty when registering a used car who's registration has expired?