Trading currencies in Sweden & tax.

Good evening all, im hoping someone can help me in my dilemma. I will shortly be moving to sweden, currently i am a resident here in the UK and for the past 3 years I have been trading the foreign exchange market in my spare time, and hope to trade full time when i move to sweden. My issue is im not sure if i have to start a company, or i can trade upto 11k a year tax free.

Or if at all possible, have a registered company in the uk to avoid large tax. Could i reside in Sweden and withdraw and pay tax in the UK?

Appreciate your time, and i hope someone may have some answers!

Hello, You don't need to start a company on the contrary it is much easier to deal with Swedish tax agency as a private individual.

As a company the procedure is much complicated and as a company registered abroad the procedure is too complicated, I mean specially at the time for closure if you by the time would be a registered Swedish resident.

Normally the world rule is pay taxes where you are registered. Cheers!

Thanks for your input Finnbo! Hopefully you can understand what im going to explain!

My idea is to trade for a proprietary firm, and to take your profits out, you have to send an invoice to the company, i wont be 'working' for the firm but just invoicing them for the profit i have made. My concern is i have to be a company to send an invoice! hopefully you may be able to understand!

have a great weekend :)

Now first of all you need your person number, then let say if you register a sole trader company, which a type of enterprise that you and your company cannot be distinguished. In that case each invoice practically can be counted as an income and in the end also will be taxable.

If you decide to start a limited company you need to have at least one more person who has Swedish person number as the substitute and 25000 SEK.

Other remaining types of enterprise are not even relevant in this case. However now may be little bit easier for you to do further more planning on your idea. Good luck!

Can I just say the OP, is no longer an EU citizen? So will be a 3CN unless they moved before 1st January 2021. This can change a lot of things.

I'm still living in the uk, could not travel to beat the brexit deadline due to covid restrictions. My partner however did move before the deadline. My Sweden citizenship is now completed and submitted, I did not need a visa!