Yellow Slip questions

Hi

I have my yellow slip but returned to the UK towards the end of last year for family commitments, Xmas etc. and now with the travel ban am not sure I will be able to get back within the 6 months required.

Does anyone know what happens if a yellow card holder doesn't return within that time?

Also,I  have not yet been back through customs since getting my yellow card so quick question, do I need to show it when entering the country?

Many thanks for any help offered and keep safe|

You need to have evidence of the yellow slip as without it they can refuse entry as at present only yellow slip holders and Cypriot nationals can enter. Add to that UK  is cat c. You will need to have negative COVID test either from UK 72 hrs pre flight or take the one here... in both cases you will then be required to quarantine in a government allocated hotel for 7 days  then test again and if negative self isolate at home for a further  3 days.

As for being out of Cyprus as a meu1 holder the rule is usually max 6 months but I don't think it is currently strictly applied so you should be ok

Please note meu3 holders are allowed to be out of Cyprus for upto 5 years

Thanks for your help, my worry is that currently we can't travel and if that is extended I will exceed my 6 months, but if as you say they aren't being too strict at the moment perhaps I will be OK.

As a yellow slip holder you can travel under repatriation if you can find a flight that is flying and can afford

Sadly flights are non-existent at mo lol.

Would still like to know how the yellow slip is cancelled (if it is) so that I can avoid bing in the position of showing it at the airport and it no longer being valid!

Just occured to me, as your passport number isn't included on the yellow slip, how do the authorities know if you have been out of the country for longer than 6 months?

your yellow slip is tied to your passport in the system......  its on the original residency application form and they hold a copy of your passport.... passports are scanned into and out of the country.......... wether you do it yourself at the self scan posts or by an official, you may  not have a stamp in your passport but the details are held electronically....   plus as a british national and are no longer in EU entrants are likely  to be treated differently until such time as an agreement can be made between Cyprus and UK (if it hasnt already) - but to be fair its never been an issue but could be from now on....

IMO and FWIW I dont think you will have a problem

Thanks for your help

Sorry again for asking what are probably daft questions, but then if you don't know the answer....

When I return do I present both my yellow slip and my passport at passport control or just my yellow slip?

Thanks

Passport... but have your flight pass and yellow slip ready

Thanks again

I hold an Meu1 yellow slip and like others Covid has kept us away it will be over 6 months before returning due to foreign travel being illegal from the UK until at least after 17/5/21, does any one know if the Cyprus Government have or plan to extend the 6 month period because of Covid ?

I don't know for sure but I think they would be more than harsh to apply the rules at this time