How to find out marriage status (Indonesia)

Hi all,

I am a singaporean citizen and staying in singapore. I receivied news that my wife has remarried in indonesia without ending our divorce in singapore. May i know is there any channel i can get information on her marriage status in indonesia? We were both registered in singapore and indonesia before. I guessed she might have found a way to cancel the marriage in indonesia without my knowledge.

Please help! We have a child caught in between too.

Is there a way like in singapore, we can access a platform to know the marriage status? Or i need to approach the indonesia embassy in singapore to know her status? As our marriage in singapore is still valid, she has to be divorced in singapore too right?

Thanks alot fred. Much appreciated. Let me try this first.

Izenmax wrote:

As our marriage in singapore is still valid, she has to be divorced in singapore too right?

International marriage regulations are complex and depend on the countries involved - not all of them recognise each other's decisions. It is thus possible to be divorced or unmarried in one country and married in another - google "limping marriage". This is especially likely for religious or same-sex relationships, which some countries recognise and others don't.
I guess you have to contact the Indonesian authorities (possibly with assistance of a good lawyer or investigator) to find out whether any of this applies in your case.
Do you have joint custody for the kid? If so, it can get especially messy!