Family with kids go to BIS or Headstart need suggestion for areas

We are a family of 4 from Canada.

Right now, we are in an AIRBNB and looking for a 3 bedroom villa as our long time home. Idealy the villa is in a well estiblished community and close to restaurants, shopping, school etc.

Our first choice is BIS, but our kids are too young to take their school bus and we don't think drive 50-60 mins two times a day is practical for us.

We took a look at the 2 stories in the community just next to the school, it is small and the community is new and far from restaurants, convenience store etc.
Another area is boat Lagoon, but there is very limited choice.

I know some students from Laguna, but it is quite a driving. Not sure how other parents handle that as the school told us only a very limited number of students take the school bus.

So, any suggestion on the living area if we go to BIS?

Next Choice is Headstart. As they have school bus to almost everywhere in Phuket, I think we will have more choices on the location. I know Laguna is a develped community for expats, but it seems quite far away from the school even with school bus. Any other areas are good for expat families?

I will really appreciate any help. Thank you.

I have never visited BIS over there,but if it's anything like Jakarta's (and you have a spare sack of cash), it's is well worth a look.
It might not be cheap, but it's very likely to be top of the tree as far as education goes.

British International School, Phuket
+66 76 335 555
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3bg46fGcysUB1gk26

Google map satellite shots show it to be massive (as is Jakarta), the reviews say it's shockingly great, and the photos show a school where quality is placed above everything.
Again, if it's anything like Jakarta's BIS, that very much applies to everything education wise in their establishments.