Long term UK visas for Parents

Hello All,

I hope you are well. I live in the UK and have settled down here over the last decade from Asia.

My mom lives back home and i do worry as she gets older. I have reviewed possible options, researched online to see if there are any long term visas for parents to join their kids in the UK - however there seem to be no clear routes. There is a family visa whose bar is very high - I have spoken to immigration advisors who have told me that even terminally ill parents struggle to get these visas and they are 99% rejected - and quite expensive to apply too as well.

I am forming the conclusion that it would be impossible to get my mom any permanent uk visa - ( this conclusion is the first step) - so that i can then look at what other options i have - move back, move somewhere else etc. I would like to request your advice on options within UK - if i am missing anything.

Regards

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You're correct in your findings that the UK does not offer a visa for you to bring your mother to join you.

Your mother can visit on a tourist visa, but would have to leave at the end of her trip.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team