Moving personal effects U.K.to EU - Taxes post Brexit????

We bought a house in Bulgaria and got residency last year, now we want to start moving our belongings across ready to move in the autumn.

I'm hearing there may be issues post Brexit due to the lack of an agreement between U.K. and EU allowing people to move personal effects without incurring VAT/customs charges (I believe it's called a resettlement declaration).

I'm also hearing that people are getting through with their own van or car loaded up with no problems.

There is official advice for sending parcels to the EU, the customs paperwork and Taxes that will be applied etc, but nothing I can find about moving your own personal effects.

We won't be hiring anyone to do this for us, I intend to do several runs myself in a van we own over the summer.

Does anyone have a link to any official website that can clarify the situation?

Hello HelenDinBG,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Please note that your thread is now on the Bulgaria forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

HelenDinBG wrote:

We bought a house in Bulgaria and got residency last year, now we want to start moving our belongings across ready to move in the autumn.

I'm hearing there may be issues post Brexit due to the lack of an agreement between U.K. and EU allowing people to move personal effects without incurring VAT/customs charges (I believe it's called a resettlement declaration).

I'm also hearing that people are getting through with their own van or car loaded up with no problems.

There is official advice for sending parcels to the EU, the customs paperwork and Taxes that will be applied etc, but nothing I can find about moving your own personal effects.

We won't be hiring anyone to do this for us, I intend to do several runs myself in a van we own over the summer.

Does anyone have a link to any official website that can clarify the situation?

The needed information

Here is a PDF file > MOVEMENTS OF PERSONAL GOODS

Perfect 👌 thank you 🙏

We are planning on moving our personal belongings from the uk to our property in bulgaria at the end of april this year. We will be doing the move with our own vehicle and transport trailer. The vehicle is already registered on bg plates and we also got a 5 year residency last year. What paper work do we need to bring our things over eg sofas beds household items none of which are brand new. I have been told I need to document all items in numbered boxes stating what's in them written in English and Bulgarian is this the case. I am also bringing my 3 dogs with me which I have found that to be a very easy process. I'm struggling on what paperwork i need for my belonging and any forms that i need to fill in please help.
Thanks vicky

I, too, am trying to find out which forms I need to move personal belongings to BG.
Was told a ToR1 but looking on HMRC that is for bringing goods into the uk, not out to BG?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi are you moving items yourself if so just list of contents if you are using a transporter then yes transfer of residence with bg customs. If you are bringing a UK vehicle over then to avoid import taxes you have to do a transfer of  residence