Journey of Nurse recognition

Hi newbie here, i was looking someone here who can share experiences from their recognition. My story was I came here in Deutschland via spouse visa. I was working then in Singapore for few years as a Nurse. Then now I am learning the required level of Deutsch. How long did you study to supplement your areas of deficit? I know that being recognised here as a nurse needed b2. What is your journey in finding a job while waiting for fully recognition? Do you need b1 Zertifikat before you can enroll in school?

I know a foreigner who enrolled in nursing school here. The requirement was B2, she had only B1. They made an exception for her, allowing enrollment conditional on her getting B2 within six months. She managed the double commitment of attending nursing lessons (which are in German) plus language studies, and is working as nurse now. Once you have the certificate, finding a job is easy, because there is a shortage.

Ohh.The school here offers almost 5 months for the whole B2 Kurs. On the side note what progress I have been so far, went to register in Agentur. The Agentur helps me through the application including translation fees. But in my case and maybe depends on what state you are, i will finance my Deutschkurs from a2-b1 then after b1, they will finance the school fees for b2 above. But thanks for the reply.

Hi there! I am interested in Nursing in Germany like you are except I do not have a nursing degree and I am choosing to try and go through an Ausbildung as a Nurse. I can only tell you the information that I know based on Germany's requirements for Canada. I cannot speak for Singapore as they may or may not have different rules or regulations. Your Germany consulate in Singapore will be able to give you the correct information if there is something different or extra that needs to happen.

For the language:  I was enrolled in a school in Hamburg called DeutschAkademie. They have online classes. It is exactly like being in actual school except it is online on Zoom. I took A1 to C2. This took a year. The classes are very intensive 3 hours long and you move very quickly. I had purchased a Goethe institute course online and that did not suit me. I liked the DeutschAkademie because there was structure and deadlines as opposed to Goethe where you can complete it in a time frame. For me when I have 3 months or 6 months to complete something, it never gets done. Just a suggestion if you are looking for some serious learning.

As for being a Nurse: Being a Nurse in Germany is heavily regulated. You will have to have your transcripts, certificate, any high school grades, everything related to your education will have to be translated into German. This is necessary because they have to make sure that the education you received is equal to Germany's education. I chose to go through an Ausbildung because I wasn't sure if I got a nurse degree in Canada if it would be deemed good enough for Germany. We do not do things the same. With the Ausbildung you work and get paid and you learn at the same time. In Canada, you are not allowed to work until you have your degree. Of course you do have clinicals but this was such a different system so I never got a degree in Canada. Even if you do an Ausbildung you still need all of your grades and certificates translated. I have been waiting 3 months and still not have received my translated documents yet. This all takes some time.

It depends on the hospital you apply for. I have seen B1, B2, and even C1 requirements. Of course the more you understand the language the more successful you will be. I feel that getting the highest language level is very important.

Also, the Bundesagentur für arbeit is a really good place to talk to about jobs and requirements. I found that the German consulate in Canada is only really good for giving you information about visas. They didn't give me any good information from the questions I had about Ausbildungs and nursing in general. I have gotten so much information from Bundesagentur für arbeit in regards to the Ausbildung and they know the process on how to become a Nurse.

https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/en/welcome This is the website for the Bundesagentur für arbeit

cpaulson wrote:

For the language:  I was enrolled in a school in Hamburg called DeutschAkademie. They have online classes. It is exactly like being in actual school except it is online on Zoom. I took A1 to C2. This took a year. The classes are very intensive 3 hours long and you move very quickly. I had purchased a Goethe institute course online and that did not suit me. I liked the DeutschAkademie because there was structure and deadlines as opposed to Goethe where you can complete it in a time frame. For me when I have 3 months or 6 months to complete something, it never gets done. Just a suggestion if you are looking for some serious learning.

Is this a misprint? From A1 to B2 in a year would be an absolutely outstanding achievement attending a language a school full time like 6 hours every day. A1 to C2 in a year is honestly beyond belief. Few people would ever reach this level and not in a year; 2 years minimum or likely 3.

Ohh that's nice to hear. Actually I am registered in ArbeitsAgentur and they are actually helping my recognition. I was able to translate my documents and reimbursed the cost too. Then after that I sent my papers for certified true copies in our Rathaus. Then I sent all my papers to the Authority here in my state. So far, I don't have any news from them yet. I enrolled also Goethe online last year but the Volkshochschule opened for physical class so I cancelled my class in Goethe. For me its a big adjustment here and giving up a career that you have in my Heimatland. Well it's somewhat good for me also having a change of environment and learning different approach in healthcare/nursing world here. I know its a long way to go for me to be good in Deutsch. I hope there are more here would like to join and share their experiences. Like what makes them busy while learning the language. BTW, I will update here also what is the result of my recognition. Actually I can't find a forum how does it goes with their recognition process. I don't have any idea if the Agentur will help with the school fees.

@cpaulson I'm also in Canada, I found out just today that my diploma can't be recognized, that's what they told me. Now I'm looking for another options, I'm a nurse too. (internatioinaL).  Any suggestions? Did you make to Germany as a nurse?