Best way to explore the country to look for my new home?

Buen dia gente!
I am Victoria and want to transition to la republica dominicana....
I haven't been in some years but my dream is to be able to get up and start my days with a morning swim in a warm sea with good visibility, enjoy fresh caught seafood, have a comfortable size land with fruit trees, local flowers to attract local birds, critters, etc;, open minded neighbors, help with local adoption of sustainable practices, dancing, maybe continue with massage and hakomi therapy which I am pursuing (I imagine a community center where different practices can be offered in the future), I am also a divemaster, teach english and spanish, oh man what haven't I done lol .....
ANYWAYS, I want to go to DR and travel around and have a taste of different parts close to coastlines of all the country, but now with COVID I don't know how realistic moving around in public transportation is.  I was then considering buying an inexpensive car to explore in so I can Goldilocks my way around the country (I've lived van-life for many years in US and Mexico) and then maybe selling it after a few months, or renting a car to explore, but was reading some discouraging posts about buying vehicles on this website.... Is it insanely expensive to buy or rent a vehicle? What do you all think; any advice from the experts? 
Feliz año nuevo mi gente <3

Welcome to the forums.

Our. Current rate of positivity on Covid testing. Is over 30% so public transportation is dangerous.

Rental cars are expensive.

Your tourist card allows your current drivers license to be legal for a short period of time.

Yes buying a vehicle is a bit expensive and you better know what you are doing.

I am not trying to discourage you, these are all facts.

Now my opinion: wait a while.  Use the time to read the various threada and learn about this country and how it works.

Gracias planner; I appreciate the facts and the transparency and value your opinion <3

Following...