New cost for Health Insurance in Brazil

We just got our Bill for Unimed went up for two of us 400 Real a month. Total bill per month 2690 Reals per month that $511 US per month is full coverage at any hospital. That over 6,000 US a year. My wife is in 55 I am close to 71. So just wondering is this normal amount to pay for most of you here as expats. Thank

It may be a bit on the high side -- I'm not familiar with the market conditions in Maranhão or with the coverages you have -- but it doesn't seem outrageous.  The government-approved rate increases went into effect this month, so most of us saw price jumps.  I'm about your age, and my premium with Hapvida just went up to R$1004.57, from $R913.29.

Thank for your response. Just have a question your premium is much lower to mine. Do you have access to all hospitals or you are limited to specific ones. There is no deductible I have paid small fee for labs and X-ray but most is no deductible. Thanks

One driver of the difference may be that for hospitalization,  we opted for "enfermaria" - ward, which in Hapvida parlance here means a room with up to three other people, rather than "apartamento", private room:  the difference in our monthly premium wasn't worth it to us.
In Manaus,  Hapvida maintains their own hospitals and a large, modern physical therapy clinic, and normally sends patients there.  They're good about referring to outside hospitals and practitioners for outpatient services they don't offer.  There's an annoying extra step of "authorization", but no one in our family has ever been turned down.
No deductibles, and no additional charges for tests or imaging, including x-rays, ultrasound,  and MRIs, if ordered by a doctor.
Comparisons are difficult in Brazil because quality and service can differ from place to place with the same organization.

Amil increase was about the same. Big jump when the wife turned 60. We pay $R3600 monthly for their high-end package which can be used in other states and cities

Thank to everyone who answered just to clarify my insurance I was mistaken we have no fees for any test. Like Texanbrazil we can use any hospital in different states. So after seeing the responses it look like we are in a normal cost thanks again. I Always appreciate the forum help from everyone.