Registration -Urgent Problem

Hello,
I bought a winehouse in Hungary last year.  In November I came to Hungary and completed the Registration Card application.  I thought everything in order, but I went to the Alien Policing yesterday and my application has been rejected.  Specifically  because my address isn't verified by the Pakod mayor.  So today I went to the Mayor's office but they say the process takes some weeks.  In the meantime they will send me an email saying my address application is being processed. 

I am really worried that even if I attach this proof of 'in progress' my registration application will be rejected again.  Should I use the business service address of the company or rent an Airbnb?  I really don't know what to do and am now in a total panic about this!

1966Katya wrote:

Hello,
I bought a winehouse in Hungary last year.  In November I came to Hungary and completed the Registration Card application.  I thought everything in order, but I went to the Alien Policing yesterday and my application has been rejected.  Specifically  because my address isn't verified by the Pakod mayor.  So today I went to the Mayor's office but they say the process takes some weeks.  In the meantime they will send me an email saying my address application is being processed. 

I am really worried that even if I attach this proof of 'in progress' my registration application will be rejected again.  Should I use the business service address of the company or rent an Airbnb?  I really don't know what to do and am now in a total panic about this!

Sorry to hear it's not going well.

Not sure what all that means but don't you have a purchase contract for the property?  This shows the property number and address. 

In EU times, UK citizens did not need permission to purchase land and property and this was automatically granted. However, there were restrictions on agricultural land in national park areas.  Don't know about your winehouse and associated land.

You should be able to use your purchase contract to show your address.  Assumption is that your property is registered already.  If it was last year, then no problem, you paid the taxes and your name must be in the land registry.

I am not sure the mayor is telling you the right thing. You shouldn't need permission for them to buy so what they are verifying locally seems irrelevant but I'm no expert.  But bear in mind local property boundaries are held by the county (megye) and also locally.  Doesn't change anything to do with the land register.

In my own contract it says:

MYNAME buyer declares that he is a citizen of the European Union and therefore this transaction needs no further permission according to "1994 evi LV. Tv 88/A para".

Presumably the law covers everything proving you own that property.

I would ask BMBAH quickly if your purchase contract (in Hungarian and also perhaps English) is satisfactory evidence of an address.  It must be of course if your name is in the land registry and has a property number.

Hi,

This is Hungary and is a catch 22. I recommend that you contact my lawyer who speaks English who can deal with this problem. I have similar problems as I have a passport from the USA,UK and Hungary.
There are ways of getting around the problem. This country is very bureacratic. My sister also has a wine estate in Somlo and she rents it out to a Hungarian that takes all of the responsiblity as she is not a full time resident of Hungary as she lives in another country. Wine property is really tough if you are not a Hungarian citizen with permits that cost more than it is worth.
Do not worry the problem will be solved. Let me know if you want to contact Dr. Jozsef Szabo a good friend and is very logical on solving challenges like this.
You can contact me by private message and will brainstorm.
Best regards,
Robert

Moderated by Julien 3 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I recall that when I came to Hungary we went to City Hall before even going for a residence card. Main question at the time was were me and my wife temporary residents (holiday home) or permanent residents (for tax reasons we opted for temporary), they fell out of their chair as we had to pay significantly more. Only 6 months after we changed to permanent.
I would however imagine if you filed for permanent residence there really should not be an issue.

I live in a small village so I would imagine procedures would be very similar. Residency permit really should be a formality if you are registered as permanent resident (even if retro-actively)

cdw057 wrote:

I recall that when I came to Hungary we went to City Hall before even going for a residence card. Main question at the time was were me and my wife temporary residents (holiday home) or permanent residents (for tax reasons we opted for temporary), they fell out of their chairs as we had to pay significantly more. Only 6 months after we changed to permanent.
I would however imagine if you filed for permanent residence there really should not be an issue.

I live in a small village so I would imagine procedures would be very similar. Residency permit really should be a formality if you are registered as permanent resident (even if retro-actively)

That didn't happen to me.  We just bought the house and papers and stuff arrived in the post.  Maybe our lawyer did something we don't know about.

When I went to the BMBAH to update my ancient permit, they gave me a new one and the address card arrived about a week later.