Cabrera - La Catalina is back !!

The Catalina Hotel has re-opened.... owned 2 young couples who have a chef from Nectar in Cabarete.

Same beautiful view, same excellent service....

Rooms to open soon.

Pool filled, tennis to be reactivated.

A welcome renewal for those of us here !

Tuesday is the public opening - 7:30am - until curfew

B'fast, lunch and dinner

Vegan available... if desired..... chef knows the rules.

Deserves our patronage !

Doing a tremendous job ..... I was by there twice today (not during serving hours) just to see if I can do anything to help out.

They're just great folks!

It is a longstanding landmark in the area

10-11 yrs ago.... the only Internet spot...
We all(expats) met there..... Magic Jack / Skype calls..... bar.... food

What fun we had back before eveything was -moderno-

They have fiber optic wiring

Did they buy it or are they renting?

Bought it and are starting a school....different site

Hive school.... English thing apparently

https://thehive.school/our-mission

Willie,

I'd be pleased to hoist one there with you when it suits...  Treat's on me.

Kind regards,

Jay

WARNING:  INCOMING RANT!

I have been spending increasing amounts of amazing quality time at the La Catalina Tropical  ....

Much to my chagrin I hear that there is an 'organized' group intent on boycotting until the restaurant, etc, signs on to the whole assessment program for the Association.

Can you they at least have a tab run for them the same as they'd do for you? 

If  you have signed onto this boycott without giving the rebirth a serious look then that's really sad. 

These are good people who have spared no effort and expense to create an amazing ambience and experience and who are, now "In the saddle" and learning fast.  At a glance it is apparent that they have busted their asses.

And what if the 'Boycott' succeeds? 

Do you get the satisfaction of a misguided Phyrric victory* in watching a great addition to the community fail to achieve that last degree of marginal success necessary  to keep them going? (And to allow them to do what it is that is sought?)

I mean I get it.  Let them contribute as the rest of us do.  BUT FOR PETE'S SAKE BEFORE ASKING THE PATIENT TO DONATE BLOOD AT LEAST HELP THEM GET AMBULATORY!

This place is amazing, well done and (for me) hugely healing. 

Let 'em run a tab for a bit.  Give them a good looking over.  Marvel at the dishes, the flavor and presentation while overlooking the ocean and enjoying the quiet and ambience...

We need these guys here.  Help them out.

Thanks if you have read this,

Jay

*A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat.

jaycreynolds wrote:

WARNING:  INCOMING RANT!

I have been spending increasing amounts of amazing quality time at the La Catalina Tropical  ....

Much to my chagrin, I hear that there is an 'organized' group intent on boycotting until the restaurant, etc, signs on to the whole assessment program for the Association.

Can they at least have a tab run for them the same as they'd do for you? 

If you have signed onto this boycott without giving the rebirth a serious look then that's really sad. 

These are good people who have spared no effort and expense to create an amazing ambiance and experience and who are, now " In the saddle" and learning fast.  At a glance, it is apparent that they have busted their asses.

And what if the 'Boycott' succeeds? 

Do you get the satisfaction of a misguided Pyrrhic victory* in watching a great addition to the community fail to achieve that last degree of marginal success necessary to keep them going? (And to allow them to do what it is that is sought?)

I mean I get it.  Let them contribute like the rest of us do.  BUT FOR PETE'S SAKE BEFORE ASKING THE PATIENT TO DONATE BLOOD AT LEAST HELP THEM GET AMBULATORY!

This place is amazing, well done, and (for me) hugely healing. 

Let 'em run a tab for a bit.  Give them a good looking over.  Marvel at the dishes, the flavor, and presentation while overlooking the ocean and enjoying the quiet and ambiance...

We need these guys here.  Help them out.

Thanks if you have read this,

Jay

*A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat.

OK, I give up. What are you talking about?  Association?  Boycott? Assessment program??

Homeowners association