The enormous increase in deaths in 2020

During the first eleven months of the year, 104,887 people  have died in Ecuador (until last Thursday Nov.26) according to data from the Civil Registry.

That is, 38,423 more deaths than in 2019.  40,669 more deaths than in 2018. (Roughy 57% higher death rate)

Read more
https://www.eluniverso.com/noticias/202 … ice=mobile

You're still alive, be happy 😊

Does that mean that the 13949 (Dec 21 2020) is a bit of an undercount?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir … y/ecuador/

Sorry but your figures are totally incorrect.
Covid cases as at 31 January 2021.

cases. 250 986
deaths 14 890 deceased.

David Coetzee wrote:

Sorry but your figures are totally incorrect.
Covid cases as at 31 January 2021.

cases. 250 986
deaths 14 890 deceased.

29 Th January break down.

14851 deaths. 10 169 confirmed covid. 4682 suspected of covid.

Seems on a par with many countries, given your population of 18 million. Do you think so?
Yesterday, I was chatting with a tech guy in Israel, related to some hardware products, and the subject of the pandemic came up. He said they have 8,000 new infections daily, and I think their pop is about 9 million. Plus they apparently have been vaxing aggressively, and locking down hard. Anyway, its just one country, but nevertheless seems Ecuador is not doing too badly.

Where I live, in Vilcabamba in southern Ecuador, the atmosphere about Covid cases is like that of a medieval village.  Ecuadorians are afraid to admit that they have it.  When my friend got it (unfortunately I infected him) he said, do not tell anyone this, for sure.  Also when another friend , an etranjera , got sick, she said, yeah, the whole family with whom I am living has it.    When there was a Covid death in a local family who own a store, and the store was closed down, people got very indignant if Covid was even mentioned in the same breath, even though this was the cause of the store closure.

You can be sure that not all of these cases were  reported.  Mine included.  So, these stats should be taken with a grain of salt.

(Ouch) Sorry to hear that. It's a very important story you just wrote. Things are not as they seem, not as they are painted to be. Hopefully you can obtain a few N95 masks somewhere, somehow. ***

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Misinformation
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

The difference in information has to do with the sources. In the article i linked, the data comes from death certificates issued by the civil registry. It is all deaths, all causes, during 2020.

The data from worldometer comes from covid deaths as reported via health departments.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : inappropriate - conspiracy theories

Well said  my friend.  Well said.

If members would kindly avoid posting conspiracy theories and misinformation, it would be most helpful. Thank you.