How to migrate to Canada as a student above 30years of age

Hi I am chimario, a Nigerian I will like to travel to Canada for studies but the consultants I have met told me  that my  age is above 35 and I can't apply for any undergraduate degree in Canada . please I will be so glad if I can get help on this and how to go about the whole process thanks in anticipation

Hi,
Am Lanre, Nigerian also. First I would advise to go to govt websites such as cic.ca.gov or websites of schools you are interested  in to read about the requirements yourself and not rely on consultants. Email me at*** if you need more help.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange contact details via private messaging please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks so much for replying my message I will send you a message because I have so many questions to ask regarding this but am glad I got on here and I can see how helpful people can be to eachother in this forum thanks lanre

You welcome

I am not a consultant but I live in Canada I can help direct you on how to go about it. Some time you just need the knowledge on how to go about it and do it yourself.

Hi,
That information sounds wrong. I started in Canada age 48 on a study permit as it was the easiest route at my age. My course was a  fulltime diploma. The application for the study permit was fairly easy. I had to be accepted onto a fulltime course and had to have paid the 1st semesters fees.
Two facts you need to know is that if you're relying on applying for the PGWP (post graduate work permit) after you've finished your studies: first the course has to be at a state run establishment and not at a private run school. Second, the length of the course determines the length of the PGWP. Planning ahead is key here, so your choice of school can impact your future.
After my studies finished I was granted a 3 year PGWP and I'm now applying for PR in year 5 of being in Canada. So it is possible to emigrate as a mature student.

Bonsoir

Effectivement, il faut absolument planifier ses études
Et justement, je n'ai pas de quoi financer la 2 et la 3eme année du baccalauréat, il faut donc travailler les 20h dont on dispose en parallèle de nos études
Ma question, c'est comment vous avez pu financer vos frais de scolarité et vis charge fixe durant vos années d'études ?
Si vous avez travaillez, est-ce que c'est tenable ?

A bientôt

@Tania023

English please as this is an Anglophone forum.

Officially there should be no limit!

It's better to check the specific requirements of the program you choose. Oh, and as was rightly mentioned, it's great to plan beforehand - think about post-graduation time (document-wise) now, before you go. Canada is welcoming but could be harsh when it comes to docs.