Attestation of Birth Certificate

Hi All,

Can anyone let me know the process of getting birth certificate of a child attested in India

I have some confusion regarding birth certificate attestation of my child. I am trying to get dependent pass of my child and wife for Malaysia, but I got to know that I need to get the birth certificate of my child attested from MEA and high commission Malaysia in India.

1) But, before I go for MEA attestation, do I need to get it attested from State Home Department or the local Notary attestation from the city of birth is sufficient? The problem is the state Home department is in different city than city of birth. So will the local Notary from gazetted officer is sufficient or I have to get it done from State Home Department? I am getting different replies from different agents, thus wanted to clarify that.

2) Does it need to be certified true copy of Birth certificate or the original document certification?

Thanks & Regards,
Maddy

Hi Maddy,

This link can probably help you : https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ … ormcode=09

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Thanks Priscilla for your reply!

The link given is for the birth registration of child born outside India. In my case the child is born in India, and we have already got the birth registration certificate. We just want to get it attested so that the child can travel outside India.

Try this MEA INDIA and for more information you can ring a call on the below numbers
Attestation Section/Apostille Cell
Ministry of External Affairs
Jawahar Lal Nehru Bhawan, Janapath Marg,
New Delhi-110011.
Telephone : 011-49018403011-49018403 (Attestation)
49018404 (Apostille)

CPV Division
Ministry of External Affairs
Patiala House Annexe,
Tilak Marg
New Delhi -110001
Tel No. 011-23387104011-23387104
Fax: 011-23782821
Email: [email protected]

Thank you for the detailed explanation VishnuShankarD. Is the SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate) Attestation also considered instead of Home department attestation?

Since SDM is a variant for Home Department, so SDM attestation can also be considered for MEA attestation?

Dear Admin,

Why can't I see the reply from VishnuShankarD? Why is it hidden?

Hi Admin,

This is strange! The reply from VishnuShankarD is deleted. Why is it so?

Hello neufmartial,

Unfortunately VishnuShankarD is no longer a member of Expat.com.

Regards,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hi Cheryl,

So, if a member leaves all the comments by member ever made are deleted? At least the comments should still be there right? It maybe of help to someone else.