? re blind expat flying from POP to Miami

A friend that is blind is flying from POP to Miami in the not to distant future. Will the airport allow a friend to help him thru bag check area to customs area where he will pay his visa overstay fee? He will not be checking any bags. He will need help paying with his credit card or cash or pesos and he doesn't want to get ripped off! Also will there then be help to get him to the gate and on the plane? Thanks!!!

From my experience working at JetBlue.
Most all airlines have business partners to take care of customers such as your friend. As long as you mention to ticket agent you can ask for a gate pass  show your ID and they will be able to give you a ticket pass if the airport allows.
The other option is. That the airline will have their business partner to bring your friend to gate. But you should be able to help him through the check in prior to security.
And the same would be from the Airplane to pick up area someone will accompany him .

Hope this helps you .

Whatever airlines they are using, I would call prior as they can provide many assistances but many not be able to if you just show up with your ticket. Example being (wheelchair for handicap).

Airport will not allow anyone without a ticket past initial checking in as far as I know.

pmey27, is this a permanent departure for Tinker?  I know he hasn't been active on here for a while, but his info has helped many, including us.  I haven't seen him around Sosua at all, and with his poor eyesight, phones are tricky for him as well, so we haven't connected in the last several months.