Rotterdam Cost of Living in for 2 +1 Family

Hey,

I got an offer from Netherlands Rotterdam as gross 48k EUR for Senior Software Developer position. I feel it's low but that's the max they pay for this role they say. Do you think it will enough to ;

- Rent a house 3+1 out of center
- Cover the common expenses like food bills insurances
- Order food frequently rather than cooking home
- Having some help on home cleaning (hard to do with the baby)
- Owning a car (I have the money for the car but it's more about other expenses like gas insurance etc)
- Travel once in a month
- Go our weekends
- Cloths
- Baby expenses (1 year old)
- Health expenses

I think that's all I can imagine but probably there are Netherlands specific cases.

Can you please help me on this :) Much appreciated!

Halil

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Numbeo website has the detailed information you need in order to answer your questions; this link will take you straight to their Rotterdam data.

The salary itself is much more than Dutch minimum wage and plenty of people live on that kind of money; whether its enough is of course entirely down to your lifestyle.

You should be aware that Coronavirus requirements mean that you will almost certainly be working from home, so the time saved on the commute will give you plenty of opportunity to help your wife look after the baby and clean should you wish to.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Numbeo forgets to add city taxes, waterschapbelasting etc. Plus the government taxes and of course the mandatory health insurence.

Ramses K. wrote:

Numbeo forgets to add city taxes, waterschapbelasting etc. Plus the government taxes and of course the mandatory health insurence.

It includes Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Waste.

Health insurance is not included, but is personal and will depend on your circumstances (zorgtoeslag?), what you include and the excess you take on yourself.

Waterschapbelasting is not the same as the water bill, sewage tax and health insurance is minimal 110 euro per person. Only Dutch nationals and people coming from an EU-country are egible for zorgtoeslag.

Add dog taxes, car insurance, wegenbelasting and I am probably forgetting more expences.

Hi again.

Belastingdienst reference

Anybody with an IND approval (verblijfsvergunning) can apply for the zorgtoeslag; by definition, EU citizens don't need IND approval, but qualify as EU citizens.  He can apply, although I think he would earn too much to qualify.

Hope this helps.

He earns way too much.