Vehicle shipment

Hi everyone,

I am wondering what fees are charged on the Ukraine side when your vehicle arrives? I am staying for only 1 year. What proof do you need to provide to show the less than 1 year rule to customs?

Also. Is their any draw back to placing household goods in the back of the SUV that is being shipped to UA?

Do you have any tips, suggestions, or things to be cautious of?

Thanks in advance.
Gary

Hi there

I assume you have TRP or PRP, as you would not be permitted to stay for a year here without.
Providing you have owned the said car for over one year, you will not need to pay government fees only shipping handlers fees. Customs will need you to sign declaration that within a year the car will leave the Ukraine Territory, if you stay over the fine and implications are large. For normal use you need an IDL and insurance that cover the car for the year, the documents for the car and proof of full Ukrainian car insurance. ( cars on non Ukrainian plates are know being stopped and checked, Big time)

If your intention is to sell it, being within the year or later, the general rule is you must have owned it for a year, your car must not be more than 5 years old. cars of say three years old say will cost around $5000 us. the newer the car the less it is.(this is if you wish to sell, and get the Ukrainian registration plate, which you must do for a sale in Ukraine.) If you intend to driver after one year you will need to obtain a Ukrainian driving licence.

As to your house hold goods, providing you have proof of ownership and a registration address for your personal items, Your TRP or PRP address you may not be asked for anything. However if your bringing a NEW Chesterfield chair and you just bought it , it will cost you %20 of the Ukrainian estimated value.

hope that helps a little

martinodessa