What do we know about Iran (Islamic Republic of Iran)

At the moment the only thing people around the globe know about Iran is that we want to make atomic bomb.
No one really knows the country unless they have traveled and enjoyed the vastness & the hospitality of the people living there.
Let's start by getting to know where Iran is and where it has started and where we are heading to.
Whether we like it or not, Iran is part of this Earth of ours and we have to accept it like we have to accept many other countries.
Iran is about 1648000 squares KM. has about 74000,000 inhabitants.
Throughout the wars in Afghanistan & Iraq, we acquired about 3000,000 refugees.
We border in the North: Turkmenistan, Russia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.
In the West: Turkey and Iraq,
In the south: Persian Gulf and Golf of Oman,
In the East: Pakistan & Afghanistan.

We have about 2500 years of written history and about 10000 years of different settlements.
The first Organized Government which became an Empire and base of civilization was started by Cyrus the Great. The founder of Achemanid Dynasty, the vastness of the Empire went from China to Mediterranean Sea.
The hospitality of the Iranian people is known across the world and we pride ourselves on that, apart from the hospitality we have the Persian Carpet & the Pistachios, handicrafts, the needle work and many beautiful mosques in the country.
You can find many Persian artifacts in the British Museum & the Louver museum, which had been taken out of the country during the 18th century AD by making some stupid agreement with the government of the time to take whatever they wanted out of the country.
If we were to study those agreements and what has been taken out and what has been left in the country we can see those who executed the kind of Piracy in the country did it with a purpose & I personally cannot forgive the French or the British Government of the time about what & how they executed whatever they have done.
One day I will discuss the events of the history that took place during 18th Century & how the French & the British government helped us to lose about 3,000,000 sq KM of our Iranian Soil  & to give it to the countries around us. As an example, Bahrain in the South & Persian Gulf, Nakhjavan in the North between Armenia & Azerbaijan, Georgia, all the land around the Caspian sea.
I want the people around globe to judge for themselves & to see what their government has done to this country in the name of money and by the instrument of Politics they executed all their aim in this country. How we have suffered through out these past 300 years due to the fact that they have manipulated this country.
As a Tourist Guide, the big question for the tourist is:
Why Iran is like this?  Since they do not know what has been & what has happened they cannot conceive of the idea & understand as to why we are paranoid about countries around us.
No one knows what has happened to this country during the past 200 years and perhaps do not care to find out.
Whatever is happening now, is the work of our forefathers who did not make a good job of running the business that were doing in the past.
If the British Government had not interfered in the past nor for that matter USA, do you think the hostages would have been taken in the 70s?
What people see is the effect which is taking place now. They do not see is the causes & the effect of the problem! We have to search our roots to see why we have become what we are today.  21st century & we are still killing each other or aim to do so.  Think about what I say, We say: [b]“What we cultivate in the past, we harvest today”[/b]

lol "If the British Government had not interfered in the past nor for that matter USA, do you think the hostages would have been taken in the 70s? " In Libya nobody took ambassadors as hostage!

Whatever I see in Iran, as an Iranian, is an act of cruelty. The real problem and the root is the religion, which destroyed our country, by the Islamic attach on the Empire of Persia (which we all know what muslims did in here and how many people they killed and how many women they took as s_e_x slave.

Whatever we were in the past is FINISHED, our great culture is DESTROYED and our economy is f...ed up!

I know we are all trying to show others our country as good! and this is good, but we, people who are already living in Iran, know that there is nothing good left in our country.

I beg to this agree on the last part. "NOTHING GOOD LEFT IN YOUR COUNTRY"  I live in Philippines. We are a 3rd world country. Yet we are people who always smile and we have a lot of hope to make our country better! ;)

You should live here angel to experience and touch what I said. Many Iranian students are running away to even study in Philippine ;)

Meanwhile, I am sure you will have a good time in Iran as tourist

Yes.ü thats the plan.

there is always two half in the glass of water and its depend on you which one you notice. the empty half or...

Yea sure , but if it be 50-50 deal ;)

Salam. i want to visit iran. i have read so much about iran in the past two years. seen so many beautiful pictures. i plan to visit and then move if i really like it. but Iran will not issue me a visa to visit. i need help from someone in Iran. could someone please help me with some real legit information. thanks