President's Picture

Good to read this. Hopefully an end to personality cults in DR. Danilo and Leonel take note!

Luis Abinader
@luisabinader
Invito a los servidores públicos a abstenerse de colocar la fotografía del Presidente en sus despachos. Coloquen a su familia y a sus hijos. Acabemos con el culto a la personalidad de quienes se creen caudillos. No estamos aquí para que nos aplaudan, sino para servir a la gente.

"I invite public servants to refrain from posting the President's photograph in their offices," said Abinader on his Twitter account.

«Place your family and your children. Let's put an end to the cult of the personality of those who think they are leaders. We are not here to applaud us, but to serve the people, "he emphasized on the social network.

If ever a truer statement was uttered..............

Place your family and your children. Let's put an end to the cult of the personality of those who think they are leaders. We are not here to applaud us, but to serve the people, "he emphasized on the social network".

Let's hope this is the beginning of many good things to come in DR

Wow I love this!

I think all people from all countries expect this but rarely get it. It is refreshing in a time of great uncertainty. Hopefully unlike the USA , people from both party's will get behind this president and look not to undermine his efforts thinking it will help their party next election. Great good can happen when everyone works together.