When are flights resuming

Im looking to travel to Pampanga February or March. I was wondering what what is the situation with flights now and when they were likely to resume. I was told by a friend that the Philippines is only accepting long term visas and i was planning on traveling on a tourist visa and having it renewed every 2 months

No tourist visas.  I am married to a Philippines citizen, but since I do not have a visa I must go to a consulate or embassy to get a visa to allow me to enter the country.  Normally I enter with my wife and get a balikbayan stamp, good for a year, but not now.

i know tourist visas are canceled i guess i was wondering until when. i was planning on buying my tickets in december but i dont wanna do that if they arent allowing people into the country

Tariq072283 wrote:

i know tourist visas are canceled i guess i was wondering until when. i was planning on buying my tickets in december but i dont wanna do that if they arent allowing people into the country

If you get on the email list for the US Embassy in Manila, you may get a heads up as to when it will change.  You might have to get a last minute ticket, get a c-19 test within 72 hours of your departure.  Hard to predict what the Philippines will do, what will be required.

EXACTLY THE SAME SCENARY .......
hi ..
i need to go for christmast there...
i hope in november or before will open all world country airports.... so
be patiente.

what part r u going to?

iloilo

Good luck to all brothers who wish to come here. I sit on my balcony almost 24 hours. See many aeroplanes flying overhead. Hope it open sky soon for all visitors

Godspeed!

I heard flight will starts working next week.

Good day Po,
   I'm student foreigner, Stephanie by name from Manila. Looking for an expat employer job.
  Pls kindly msg me if you have any job offer I'll be really glad. Helper/carer, personal assistance or anything as a paying job.

Thanks sir/ma.

StephOla1 wrote:

I heard flight will starts working next week.

Good day Po,
   I'm student foreigner, Stephanie by name from Manila. Looking for an expat employer job.
  Pls kindly msg me if you have any job offer I'll be really glad. Helper/carer, personal assistance or anything as a paying job.

Thanks sir/ma.

Hi Steph, welcome to the forum. Good luck with flights both internal and international given around 4,000 cases daily here and foreign countries limiting arrivals. I am stuck here in PH. and have been forced into retirement, no biggy really as I was going there anyway and we are quite happy here on the beach through the lockdown and cr*p that goes with it.
Just a suggestion, perhaps you should offer your services in the classified section here and other sites as well as head hunters in and around Manila.
Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheers, Steve.

I am afraid that flights are cancelled for many years to come.
This (unprecedented) situation is much more serious than most people think and it's not because of Covid19 or the riots in US.
Anyone who is planning a trip these days better be aware. There are just too many restrictions for normal travel.
I know a few expats, bellow 60, who are still here in Philippines hoping that things will get back to normal... NO, THINGS WILL NOT GET BACK TO NORMAL FOR A VERY LONG TIME.
Once their money will be gone (100% sure to happen) they'll be in horrible position.
Better save your money because hard times are strait ahead of us.

On Sept. 5th the Philippines Dept. of Tourism issued a statement about domestic travel within the country. Included was this sentence, "Once border controls are lifted by other countries the DOT foresees regional international travelers & tourists by the second half of 2021"

Hey PalawanBob... why all the gloom and doom?? Do you really think there will be no flights for years to come. Do you really think the economy in the Philippines will hold out with no flights for years? I'll be arriving in November in Cebu fromThe US  with plenty of choiceS off flights available. And you seem to be 100% sure? Really?  Anything positive to say?? Maybe it's better to just keep all the “gloomy” comments privately.

arty5987 wrote:

I'll be arriving in November in Cebu fromThe US  with plenty of choiceS off flights available.

Really?

Just in case, I would  buy cancellation insurance if the airline doesn't offer it.

Remind us in November that you have arrived.

Thank you I know that flights will be canceled for a few months but I don't see it being for years. I already have American friends of mine who have children in the Philippines or other family members and they are allowed to fly is only if you have immediate family you're allowed to go there. I'm expecting things to be opened back up by next summer at the latest I'm patient I'll just keep putting away money till then you can never have too much money in a foreign country LOL

Tariq072283 wrote:

I'm expecting things to be opened back up by next summer at the latest I'm patient I'll just keep putting away money till then

A wise thing to do...also count your blessings in that you are still able to put away money for your next summer move here iagw...sad to say that millions around the world may not have your options as they have already fallen into desperate times with desperate measures being taken.
Omo
& Best of Luck

Hear! Hear!  I concur.

PalawanBob wrote:

This (unprecedented) situation is much more serious than most people think and it's not because of Covid19 or the riots in US.
Anyone who is planning a trip these days better be aware. There are just too many restrictions for normal travel.
I know a few expats, bellow 60, who are still here in Philippines hoping that things will get back to normal... NO, THINGS WILL NOT GET BACK TO NORMAL FOR A VERY LONG TIME.
Once their money will be gone (100% sure to happen) they'll be in horrible position.

Years lol. Jesus dude did you even think before you posted this? The Philippines can't survive years without tourism.  It's a pretty crucial part of their GDP.

Arcadieus wrote:
PalawanBob wrote:

Years lol. Jesus dude did you even think before you posted this? The Philippines can't survive years without tourism.  It's a pretty crucial part of their GDP.

Bob may be closer to correct than anyone want to believe. fact is Bob telling it too soft

people still thinking we go back to normal but that is not going to happen not ever if you pay attention

bob make some subtle points people need to think about cuz what is happening is not going to said in some news program

Jesse777 wrote:
Arcadieus wrote:
PalawanBob wrote:

Bob may be closer to correct than anyone want to believe. fact is Bob telling it too soft

people still thinking we go back to normal but that is not going to happen not ever if you pay attention

bob make some subtle points people need to think about cuz what is happening is not going to said in some news program

Wrong! The Spanish flu didn't take years for international travel to reopen *granted flying internationally wasn't even a thing back then.* the Spanish flu was 100 times worse and international traveled resumed pretty soon.

Arcadieus wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:
Arcadieus wrote:

Wrong! The Spanish flu didn't take years for international travel to reopen *granted flying internationally wasn't even a thing back then.* the Spanish flu was 100 times worse and international traveled resumed pretty soon.

bob already told you its not about the disease man

you looking at the distraction and trying to make sense of it

Jesse777 wrote:
Arcadieus wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

Bob didn't explain anything. He literally said it wasn't about the virus *which is why we were all shut down, not even sure why I have to even explain this* nor the riots in the US. So what is the issue for flights being shut down for years?

Arcadieus wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:
Arcadieus wrote:

Bob didn't explain anything. He literally said it wasn't about the virus *which is why we were all shut down, not even sure why I have to even explain this* nor the riots in the US. So what is the issue for flights being shut down for years?

where did I say he explained something? like never did i

I am tryin to help you here but I am not goin to spell it out for you.

think about what is going on in this world for a second

you are goin to have to get this on your own

those of us who are older and have been watching things don't need it explained because we all on the same page with assimilating all the events to get the big picture

thats what you missing

the big picture

i hope you dont get pissed man I am trying not to condescend to you I really want you to get it but like i say you got to get it from you

these guys got their finger on the pulse of the world

https://www.zerohedge.com/

and they were tossed by the insiders so many times

are you not entertained?

I Tend to agree...What bob meant is that this lockdown is not just about the virus.

The Washington Post says :
Predict some big social unrest in the Caribbean and Africa, South Africa in particular, and some countries in Asia," Niser says. "Empty pots can be more dangerous than tanks in the street, so to speak."

No hard feelings & Best to be a little patient.

Time for : "Eve of destruction"
by Barry McGuire

Didn't realize this was a conspiracy website lol. What because the world economy is bad? World war 3 is imminent with China? I'm comparing comparable passed events here i.e great depression and the Spanish flu. Neither of those took years for international travel to resume.

Arcadieus wrote:

Didn't realize this was a conspiracy website lol. What because the world economy is bad? World war 3 is imminent with China? I'm comparing comparable passed events here i.e great depression and the Spanish flu. Neither of those took years for international travel to resume.

Neither were the world economies so intertwined as they are now.

Just saying.

If you would said one year ago that 12 months later the world would be shut down and face diapers required to leave your house stupid people would say you were a conspiracy theorist.

stupid people never change

in 12 months when we are still shut down (and we will be) I wonder what stupid people will be telling themselves then

Its like we're trying to come out of a very deep hole...not an easy task.

Patience.

You're a fool if you think people are going to allow to be stayed lockdown 12 months from now. The entire world will burn before that.

I doubt very highly we're going to be on lockdown for years to come I just don't see it happening sorry. I looked up what the Filipino Department of Tourism said and they are predicting to open back up by next year sometime. I know that there's a lot of negativity on this page when it comes to anything the virus is going to start fading away slowly but surely yes

I've also been looking up other countries and they are predicting to open back up sometime in 2021 the world economy is to intertwined for tourism in any countries to be shut down for years sorry it's not going to happen countries will take a risk before they let that happen

The Washington Post also predicted that Hillary Clinton was going to be President Trump I could really care less what the Washington Post us to stay as far as predictions LOL

The Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. told me a couple of weeks ago that I can get a 9a (tourist) visa.  The Philippine Bureau of Immigration told me that I can get a 13a visa while I'm in the Philippines.

Jesse777 wrote:

If you would said one year ago that 12 months later the world would be shut down and face diapers required to leave your house stupid people would say you were a conspiracy theorist.

stupid people never change

in 12 months when we are still shut down (and we will be) I wonder what stupid people will be telling themselves then

OMO but the "stupid people" (you said that mate) might wake (most thinking people are aware) up and listen to advice from professionals and not political rhetoric aimed at self preservation and truck every one else as appears to be happening in certain countries. EGO's
This virus (C-19) has forced early retirement for myself and probably many others, (personally enjoying) hardships and loss of loved ones all over the world should make people sit up and take notice, forget your rights and stay safe, follow world wide health protocols so we can move forward and catch that flight to our loved ones or simply a holiday.

There is no conspiracy here mate, this is now and real.

Cheers, Steve.

Tariq072283 wrote:

The Washington Post also predicted that Hillary Clinton was going to beat President Trump I could really care less what the Washington Post us to stay as far as predictions LOL

It's time for me to get into this food fight, yes the Washing Poop  gives meaning to "shit for brains". I agree with Tariq.

Predictions are useless, every prediction concerning the virus has been wrong, the only thing true has been the cure is worse then the disease and that was said months ago.

The more restrictive and the duration of the lock down, will cause more people to be disobedient and not  follow the rules set down by government officials that get their paycheck every week.

An easy solution is to allow direct flights into the tourist areas, bypassing Manila and other densely populated non tourist areas. Let the business owners & workers in those areas decide what's best for themselves.

I relate the whole thing like having terminal cancer, kemo & radiation killed the patient, not the cancer.

In 1959 there was a movie called "On The Beach". There are many similarities/metaphores, of what is happening today. I tried to find the movie on line but the closest I came to was the written portrayal.

Google: wikipedia-on the beach

I came from Las Vegas and the tourist destinations were shut down. Over 800,000 tourist once arrived every week. On youtube it looked like a ghost town. Now it's open again, people are flying in and watching the videos on youtube, people are having a good time.

i hope things return to normal ,at least normal plus masks or whatever.
lets all just pray that the world in not on brink but just going over a bumpy spot.
i am somewhat concerned what will happen in the US when trump wins again,there seem to be some rather unreasonable people who oppose him these days.
lets just all hope and pray for the best outcome possible.

I have a friend in California who wants to come back to Philippines but he is telling me that he would have to be quarantined for two weeks in Manila and then again for another two weeks in Puerto Princessa. All expenses paid by him.
I wonder if airline companies are informing people about that "little detail".

I just read an article today that came out from the Filipino Department of Tourism they said they will start issuing tourist visas the second half of 2021