Will Causeway Open Soon?

Any updates on when the causeway will reopen without any restrictions?

No idea.

The rumours for opening after Eid are apparently with restrictions. In the Bahrain newspapers, it said that it will initially be only for citizens on both sides and then again, only for those who have genuine need to go eg business, school, properties etc.  And they will be subject to quarantine on either side.

So going by this, I would assume normal operation without restrictions not earlier than end of the year. Could be earlier or later. Just have to wait and see.

Thanks, XTang. This is unfortunate. We were told after Eid but without a specific date. If these restrictions are imposed, daily commuting will not be possible. I wish that official announcements are made to allow us to plan our lives accordingly. Many families are on stand-by to decide whether or not to return to Bahrain, and the school year is rapidly approaching. Ultimately the public health will be the priority on both sides of the Causeway.

We will await the official guidance.

I think what I can tell you now is that the days of daily commuting are pretty much over for the time being.  For that to start happening again, all restrictions need to be relaxed on both sides of the border ie quarantines and tests.  And even when borders open as predicted after Eid, those are not likely to be removed anytime soon. So the daily commute is not going to work.

A lot of my friends on the commute scene are deciding between two options :

1) Move family to Saudi OR
2) Go to work in Saudi for a month or month and a half and then do 10 days work from home / leave in Bahrain - corresponds to quarantine time

I think most people should start planning now as the rentals will go up later in option 1 and for option 2, you would need to align it with your employers.

I myself will go for option 2.  Its easier for me as I have a setup in Bahrain ie property and family is used to living  independently of me.