Mobile phone company??

Hello,
I am moving from Chanpagne region to Rhone Alps near Geneva, we will live on the French side. On a recent visit there I noticed the phone coverage is very poor, perhaps because of the mountains?! I am currently with FREE network in France and wanted to know if there are better networks for that area, and if in Switzerland for the day is it considered roaming?
Thank you,
JM

Ask your neighbours about what network they are with.

Data roaming charges were abolished in EU countries in June 2017, meaning that you can use any minutes, text and data in your allowance in those countries at no extra charge.

Roaming area Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).