Is istanbul unsafe

is it true that istanbul is not a safe place to hang out specially after 12 am , if there is not a local person accompanying u ??

I believe it is safe as long as you use head. If it feels wrong it is wrong. Always go with a partner or by cab to the location you are going. Always let someone know where you are going. I travel alone sometimes in beyolglu and I have never had a problem. Stay where it is lit and don't go in allleys that are dark, be smart and don't flash your cash

:)ıt ıs save my frıend ... :Ddont g alne ın dark places

ok it must be a myth then :P

Hello,

I've heard a lot from my Turkish friends that Istanbul is unsafe.... even a local woman never walk alone after midnight.

Please be careful, there are many kinds of people in Turkey.
I don't speak about race, it depends on the person.

Here Istanbul... everyting is mixed.

But I love such Istanbul so much:)

Yoko

yeah ive not seen many girls around midnight eigther .and i simply love istnbul toooo.

cheers ....

Yes, but I think Dubai is more dangerous than Istanbul...
Enjoy!

İt is dangerous as much as anywhere is dangerous for foreigners. Even I am trying to be careful. Try to make Turkish friends to enjoy ur time more and more

heyyy dear peoples ı was born istanbul and ı lived moscow city and kiev city so everywhere %50-50 but some place a bit unsafe after 24:00 but not everywhere.... like from USA Harlem streets... totally if your mind working good dont afraid from anything... :) at least world unsafe last years....

Hi spieagles and thank you for the sharing!

All the best,
Harmonie.

your wellcome harmonie.... dear world guests if you have other question can ask .... longlive brotherhood of people....

As safe as the other big cities.

open your eyes not your mouth (Seattle)

Cheers,H

Yes most of states are not safe after 10 pm. Some center neighbourhoods are safe as police station until morning.