Homeschool in Bali

Hi,

I'm looking for parents whose practicing homeschool in Bali, mainly to gain or sharing experiences/ information/tips.

What i mean Homeschooling here is learning outside of the public or private school environment where parent or guardian overseeing / facilitate their child or teen's educational development. (I notice there are many private schools here calling themselves "Homeschool" whereas I believe they should be known as, perhaps - "Flexible School?.  I hope this doesn't confuse anyone.

So if you are homeschooling your kids here in Bali, I would be very happy if i could get in touch with you.

We're doing home schooling, but not in Bali. Also we are teaching our kids ourselves, one on one. The kids love it as do we and it's amazing how fun it is.

I homeschool my kids, as well. By the time we move to Lombok, hopefully, I will only be homeschooling two of them and I wold love to keep in contact with you. I'm sorry to hijack your post, but I'm curious to learn how easy it is to receive shipments from Amazon or other online sites and how fast is the "high-speed" internet? We are used to 30Mbps and that's considered slow in the US. I also buy a lot of my curriculum and school supplies online.

Kowgirl_Kam wrote:

I homeschool my kids, as well. By the time we move to Lombok, hopefully, I will only be homeschooling two of them and I wold love to keep in contact with you. I'm sorry to hijack your post, but I'm curious to learn how easy it is to receive shipments from Amazon or other online sites and how fast is the "high-speed" internet? We are used to 30Mbps and that's considered slow in the US. I also buy a lot of my curriculum and school supplies online.

Ive never had issues with packages in my location, some are very quick others a week or two, most recently i sent a few packages from the middle east all received within 7 days of posting, business as normal
Again in my location wifi is no issue unless extreme weather, i have biznet averaging 75mbps (for work) and a ordinary tv package with first Media averaging 25mbps, both work great for streaming live sports in hd biznet great in 4k hd

Thanks for your response, Gwmeath. I still can't believe how the infrastructure has changed and surpassed the US since my last visit! I'm pushing 20-40Mbps download speeds and 1-2Mbps upload in the NorthWestern US, granted we're in the country, but I didn't think we were more country than Lombok/Bali! I am super relieved to hear I can continue obtaining my homeschooling supplies online, as well as do some online programs. I was prepared to buy all my supplies for the next eight years, before moving and load up my container, haha!