Heidelberg and Neckargemünd

Hallo all!

We live just outside of Heidelberg (15-20 minutes by train or car), in a very cute little village of Neckargemünd. This small city (15 000 people) still has in its core many 16th century old houses and has a feeling of Middle Ages.
It is also built where two rivers meet: the Elsenz and the Neckar. And so, there is a quay along the river where cruise boats come to pick up passengers.
It is a beautiful area of Germany with green mountains all around us and easy walks through the mountains or along the rivers to other villages (about 2 hours walk to Heidelberg).
It took us a while to get use to the facts that we can not go shopping on Sunday or Saturday afternoon (shops close after 2pm), but otherwise we are enjoying ourselves a lot.
To help others relocate to Germany, we created a web-site about our experience: www.journey-to-germany.com
I invite you to have a look at it and to comment if you will.
Tschüs,
dachepierre

Welcome on board dachepierre !

Welcome Dachepierre,
oh my, I so love Heidelberg ! I fell in love the first (and only !) time I was there (for 10 days) and found it such a charming city ! I was around in Leimen, Mannheim and some other neighbours, but it was love at first sight.
When I moved to Montpellier (Southern France, twin city of Heidelberg actually), I had the same feeling. It's the exact kind of city, with a medieval university, full of students, the river... when I discovered it was the twin city, I wasn't surprised :-)
You're very lucky !

Thank you for your welcome message!

And yep, Heidelberg is certainly a beautiful city.

Tschüs,
Dachepierre

I live in Heidelberg.  It's great. Is your site a blog/do you have a blog?

No, my web-site is not a blog, yet. I'm thinking about it but I have been so busy lately that i am a bit behind in a lot of projects.

On the other hand, I still had new pages to it every little while, the last few being Valentin's day and Easter.

Tschüs for now,
HD

I am a kiwi and fell in love with Heidelberg.
I also fell IN love in Heidelberg.
I have returned here and am hoping to get to stay a lot longer this time.
Would like to know if there are any new zealanders or australians living here ?
Would love to hear from any english speaking persons and maybe I can get some help with my german at the same time.
Hope to hear from you all

Kiwiana