Cost of living ?

Could someone tell me the average  cost of living in Bulgaria for a single guy ?. Would buying a property in Bulgaria  be a good investment and could i easily  let it out ?or would it be better for me  to rent ?

Try www.numbeo.com for living costs.
Also read other posts here on the forum for information.

Hi, I really dont think you could make a good return on renting your property, unless its in a city like Plovdiv, Sofia, Varna.  If you buy in a rural area they all usually need renovation, so require a substantial amount of money...My advice would be to rent somewhere first, for you to get the feel of the country and to see if its for you.

Good luck in whatever you plan to do

Thanks

Hi zi am thinking of buying in garvan silistra has anyone been there or know of anyone living there.

Cost of living can be obtained with results accurate to the last 18 months for the major cities through Numbeo.  Live in BG for a year then decide if you want to stay.

I wouldn't recommend buying a property far from the big city.
If you are planning to buy/rent and you are a young man, you better look for properties in or near Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Burgas.
If you like mountains and hiking - Plovdiv and Sofia are your cities, if u prefer the sea - Varna, Burgas, Sozopol, Nesebar are all great locations.

I am living in Vratsa, ***, and would recommend my city, too. it is just an hour from Sofia, and we have great nature sights around town.

Moderated by Loïc 3 years ago
Reason : self promotion is not allowed on the forum, please register your business in the Business Directory, thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct