Looking for basic information about Bulgary

Hi. I´m Pilar, from Spain.

I´m thinking about moving to Bulgaria. I lost my job because of covid. I´ve got savings, so I decided to start again in a place full of opportunities. It could be Bulgary.

I speak Spanish and English. I worked in commerce and tourist guide.

I´ll be glad if you tell me something about day living and jobs.

All countries are going to be facing hard times and recession once we emerge from the Coronavirus, and currently there is no movement between countries, so you'll have plenty of time to consider your options.

I will go later. Not yet, of course.

Hi Pilar,

Sorry to hear that you've lost your job due to this horrible pandemic. I really hope this is going to be over very soon, probably in the next 2-3 months.

As for Bulgaria it is a good place to live - nice climate, friendly people, clean nature, low living costs.
Finding a job will be tricky for the next 2-3-4 months, but after that I believe there will be no problem. Especially for people with more than one foreign language.

In your case people usually can find easily jobs in the shared service centers - they normally work in servicing clients from their home countries. It could be either some financial services, or in the tourist industry, or in IT industry, or many other different options.

People from Italy, Portugal and Spain should come here in the beginning of May or June, so they will have enough time to adapt and this will be with the temperatures similar to their own countries, otherwise winter is a bit too surprising for them.

If you have any specific questions - feel free to ask.

Kristiann