What Motorbike to Buy?

Hi,

Have been wanting to buy a motorbike, but cannot decide which to buy.  I have ridden Yamaha Mio 125, Mio 125i, Aerox 155, and NMax 155. The Aerox and NMax are comfortable for my size (6'2", 220 pounds), but have been partial to Honda's back in the US, having 5 Hondas in the stable at home.  I have been riding motorcycles since childhood, and street bikes since I was 18, and I am now 61.

I have been to the Honda dealer here in Ormoc, but they have limited selection and limited English fluency.  I have seen the Click 125 and 150, and a PCX 150, but have not ridden them.

Should I go to Cebu and shop there?  Also, if anyone has experience riding one or both makes, I would like to hear some feedback.

Only the Mio Moonunit  better half has 125 Suzuki for years with no complaints but say's the auto Mio is easier. The Suzuki  sits and is rarely  ridden, agree a scooter for local shite is a lot easier than taking the car for parking.
One or another choice of bikes matters little as one, it gets you to the  market for the next 10 years so you can eat. 70K or 100K simply comes back to the believer, our Mio has clocked more klicks the car.

Cheers, Steve

If you're 6'2, the Aerox has a Knee height fairing which will get in your way, I think.  Nmax doesn't & has the rear disc etc. The PCX seems fine, more tailored to affluent lady riders, I think.  Kymco have a good rep in Taiwan, but I'm not sure what the parts/dealer support is like in RP.

Just re-read & saw you've been riding a while.  I'm 6'3” - can't even sit on an aerox, due to the fairing shape, which cuts back right where my knee should be.

Ive owned Hondas from 70s - 2000s, but the full sized bikes are a different deal - the PCX has a slightly odd riding position, the bars are semi cruiser style, which in a small engined, low torque, high seat, just doesn't work for me

- Im more comfortable With the nmax,  the rear disc brake is a factor for me, needing to ride 2 up down a long hill in traffic to the market. Resale values with all Hondas are good though.

Iv just got the new nmax abs tcs ,good bike fast and safe ,the honda seems cheaply put together .

I have the Click 125 and chose it for several reasons.  First, I wanted CVT so I wouldn't need to shift in heavy in-town traffic.  Second, I  wanted a water-cooled engine which generally gives you better mileage over a like-sized air-cooled one.  Third, I wanted the flat underbone so I could carry a 20 liter water jug to and from the water station and Fourth, the large underseat storage bin.

I just couldn't justify the cost of the Click 150 for an extra 20k for 25 more cc, keyless entry and intermittent start-stop.  I'd probably lose the friggin' fob as it is!.

Wish the Click did have a kickstart though, seems the battery lasts about 3 years and would like to kickstart if dead as more than likely it will die when far away from home or battery store.

The Mio's fairing hits my knees, I am 6'1", 210 lbs (now, lol).

Good choice Hobbit and I'm sure you are enjoying. I'm 5'11 and have oodles of room on the Mio so works for us, especially the better half @ 5'2". He chose it, I simply ride it and the 125 Suzuki that sits there will probably go to a family member that needs wheels, probably the nephew going to Uni. Funny, still have no plates for the Mio after almost a year, the new car 2 to 3 weeks.
Ride safe.

Cheers, Steve.

I had the Kawasaki 650 for a year. Plenty of power for these conditions. Awesome up in the mountains. We especially enjoyed it on Negros. But I decided I didn't like being constantly swarmed by the other motorbikes in town, leaving me no escape route, and I don't want to end up in a Philippine hospital.. so I sold it. Keep an r12GS at home.

RUSI 125 36k after 3 years no electrics work lahat wakay ...still goes im like a local hole in muffler lots noise

I have a Honda it is 5 years old it is TMX 155 I live on a rough road so I bought it, if you have it serviced at a Honda dealership the warranty on is 3 years