In my wifes's visa, Gender mentioned as male

Hi Jatin here from India.

My relative sponsored the visa's for me and my wife. All the details mentioned in the visa are correct. Only problem is in my wife's visa her "Gender" is mentioned as "Male".

I asked my relative to talk to the people who created the visa to get it corrected. They were told its okay,  not a big problem,  as all other details are correct.

I am going to travel in few days so i was very concerned as this is my first time to Oman. I don't want any last minute problems. Can anyone help and re-assure my if this kind of mistakes are normal and they will allow us without any issue.

P.S  - We are tourist will return back in 10 days.

Hello Jatin,

I imagine it could very likely be a problem. A tourist visa is done via Omani immigration through approved online channels before or in person upon arrival at immigration. Ensure that your relative applied for visas through a legitimate source. This website might be useful:
https://www.ievisa.com/country/oman?url … &adid=

Yes, I understand your concerns - nevertheless, being in Oman for some time now I experienced similar issues: on one visa renewal I was female, once I was from Honduras, next time from Algeria and the last two times I didn't had even a family name ....

No problem - they will accept it in ROP anyway - they are used to it....

That's according to my experience.

All the best.

@jatinkhanna12345, Hi Jatin, did you face any issues with the ROP or departure country immigration with the incorrect gender issue on your wife's visa. We are in a very similar situation as my wife's visa has gender listed as 'MALE', and we are due to travel in a week's time.

PS - our visa was also applied through a sponsor in Oman

This thread is a couple of years old but a lot has changed in that time, especially politically in a few western countries.

Has the introduction of Gender X passports changed things for travellers with errors in their documentation?

Perhaps rules have toughened, or maybe been relaxed.