New members of the Nepal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Nepal forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Nepal if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi My name is Michele and I am a visual art teacher from North Carolina. I will be moving to Kathmandu in August to begin work at The Lincoln School.

I am interested in any tips on living in Kathmandu and I also will be very interested to find some musicians to jam with in the area.

I am a semi professional singer (gigs but not recorded) and my musical tastes range from Classic Rock to Jazz Standards and everything in between. :)

I am hoping to connect with some like minded people, once I move in August :)

Warmly,

Michele

Hi,
Namaste! 
I'm Swaroop, a retired Probation Officer and former Gurkha veteran.  I originally come from Kathmandu, Nepal, but since leaving the army in 1981, I have been residing in the UK.  I am a naturalised British citizen and passport holder.  I am now thinking of moving back to Kathmandu.  I haven't a clue about the formalities for someone in my situation and hope that I can find the answers here.  Thank you.

Dont worry mam I will help you,,,,

If you have Nepalese family, like a mother, brother, etc. you can get a family visa. It's a good visa and you can stay here a year at a time and don't have to leave.
I am so happy to know you are coming back home. Nepal needs all her children to come home.
Here's my video of how this pandemic is going in Nepal. We are already up to 99 today, but the video is still insightful. How we are staying safe in Nepal.

Anyone who is afraid of planning a trip to Nepal can be assured that the government is really doing all they can to keep everyone safe. If anyone has any questions about the current situation in Nepal, please feel free to send me a note.
I don't have anything to sell, so I'm not fishing for business. I do have a Youtube channel, What About Nepal? but it's just my hobby.

I hope your plans haven't changed due to this pandemic. I am a retired American who got here 9 years ago and love it more all the time. The increase in active COVID cases is now up to 99, but 25,000 troops are at the border of India to handle the problem. It's just poor people coming home or getting stranded, but it's still scary. The military and police are quite helpful in keeping the peace.
At least it isn't as bad as in the US. I hope you'll be able to get a visa. I'm afraid Americans won't be able to travel so much after this because everyone is so paranoid about getting it and it's so bad in the US. I hope I'm wrong, but the US becoming COVID free in just 3 months doesn't look probable.
Let me know if I can help you with anything. I hope your plans work out.

primaryart wrote:

Hi My name is Michele and I am a visual art teacher from North Carolina. I will be moving to Kathmandu in August to begin work at The Lincoln School.

Michele

Michele,
I hope your plans haven't changed due to this pandemic. I am a retired American who got here 9 years ago and love it more all the time. The increase in active COVID cases is now up to 99, but 25,000 troops are at the border of India to handle the problem. It's just poor people coming home or getting stranded, but it's still scary. The military and police are quite helpful in keeping the peace.
At least it isn't as bad as in the US. I hope you'll be able to get a visa. I'm afraid Americans won't be able to travel so much after this because everyone is so paranoid about getting it and it's so bad in the US. I hope I'm wrong, but the US becoming COVID free in just 3 months doesn't look probable.
Let me know if I can help you with anything. I hope your plans work out.

Thank you expat for joining me on this really helpful forum  and i really appreciate your suggestion and support,

Hi everyone

I am Tsheley from Kathmandu, Nepal. In the recent past, I have had opportunity to live and work in different countries. More than just a change of place, the freedom of expression as a foreigner is what I think make people value traveling. Whatever brings you to this beautiful country, I am glad to welcome you all home.

Love & Light

Hi there! Just wanted to ask if you have any idea about getting married in nepal?
My bf(nepalese) and I(filipina) are planning to get married in nepal, we wanted to do the wedding ceremony first before registering or reporting the marriage, do you think is it possible? First, ceremony then register the marriage? Thank you😊

Yes you can have the ceremony before registering but in your case as you are a foreigner  you won't simply just be registering your marriage rather getting a court marriage date and get formally married there in front of a judge signing the paper work and stuff. So your ceremony could be according to your wish before or after the formal paper of marriage certificate is received from the court marriage

HI I am mayank from Jakarta Indonesia . i shall be moving to Nepal in Jan 2020 and wish to know of expat residential locations in and around Kathmandu . a place for a family of 4.

any guidance will be  incredibly helpful.

thanks & regards

There is a special visa for returning diaspora. You can call the embassy in UK to get more info but if you come here you would need to see your family, right? Well, there is a relationship visa that your relatives can help you with. It's even cheaper than the tourist visa and you can stay a year at a time, pretty much indefinitely. So don't worry. Come home.

There is a special visa for returning diaspora. You can call the embassy in UK to get more info but if you come here you would need to see your family, right? Well, there is a relationship visa that your relatives can help you with. It's even cheaper than the tourist visa and you can stay a year at a time, pretty much indefinitely. So don't worry. Come home.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916038

Thanks!

Closed