Costs and finances

I have been offered a position for Saudi Arabian Railways that I would like to accept, but would like more information on the costs of living.

They have offered:
30,000 SAR per month
20% uplift for accommodation (6,000 SAR per month)
5% uplift for transport (1500 SAR per month)

Are these uplifts sufficient to cover the costs of accommodation (compound living) and transport (if vehicle is hired long term).

What is the general cost of living in and around Riyadh area?

I will be moving out with my partner and 2 kids who will be attending school over there.

I would appreciate any information and advice anyone can give me.

Many thanks

Rich

Check numbeo.com for details and comparisons

Really depends on your lifestyle choices.

Transport and general cost of living is ok and on the low side when compared with the rest of the GCC countries.  That is not likely to be your biggest worry - that is given below.

The biggest worries you should have are the choices in compounds and the schools. If you want to live in a top western compound and send your kids to the best private schools, then this package might not be enough.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking that when I add schooling and accommodation together then these would eat up a fair slice of the salary.

If I go away to work I want it to be the best possible set up for my partner and kids. A  big change so the quality of life has to be good.

I will push for more and base it on these responses as the offer was an initial and it appears it is the lower end of the salary bracket for the position.

Thanks