New in Bayreuth Germany

Hi All,

I am new in Bayreuth, Germany currently working as Product developer here. I grew up in Manchester, England and looking forward to meet new people here in Bayreuth.

Regards
Sal

salroxx88 wrote:

Hi All,

I am new in Bayreuth, Germany currently working as Product developer here. I grew up in Manchester, England and looking forward to meet new people here in Bayreuth.

Regards
Sal

Welcome Sal. Maybe it would be interesting for people to hear more about your journey to Germany. There is always a lot of interest from people speaking English how someone managed. Like do you speak good German and if not how did you line up a job without it and how do you manage socially?

Hi Toman

Actually I dont speak any Germany my company just enrolled me to german classes. Germany is the 9th country I am working in so I am quite used to be a foreigner.

Finding job in Germany I feel is easier due to skill shortage in Engineering field. It took me 3 months to find a job in Bayreuth. In bigger cities is easier but I wanted to move to a smaller city as its easier if you have family.

Socializing is tough if you dont speak the language as many people are very shy speaking english here. But As long as you go for a beer then language becomes irrelevant. Plus I am looking up on online forum to meet foreigners to get my social circle started.

Regards
Sal