Caretaker, property manager

I'm a US citizen married to a tica. Live in Costa, work in the states. I've been coming and going for over 15 year's. I'm a Certified arborist by trade, yet have worked in almost all trades and can do it all. I'm looking for opportunities to manage and caretake properties for foreigners. It's almost impossible to find good professional help to maintain your vacation home when back home. I'm always baffled to see how poorly, ex Pat's properties are kept and the lack of attention to detail,  especially in air bnb homes. Fully bilingual. I have a great portfolio and resume with American and tico references. ***

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum + advertising is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Xian, Facebook, Craiglist Costa RIca and Encuentra24.com are some of the websites where you will find home owners looking for a property manager/caretaker. I have seen many.

And if you're looking for jobs in a certain area, look for the facebook page for that area...

WHAT SMALL minded people we have on this site UGH...
I am a sick 78year old looking for a little help in return for free living and some pathetic person had my post removed I guess they have nothing else to do but be evil thank you remember KARMA

Thanks for all the responses. I've lived in Costa Rica and know how the system works (or doesn't). Lots of expats are not getting first world service that is hard to find even in the states.

You didn't mention if you have Permanent resident status, so if not, that could lessen your chances to work.

I'm married to a tica, permanent residence is easily acquired, but not necessary for me at this point given I come and go as I please and always leave every 3 months or sooner for my business affairs in the states. However my wife and family live full time in Costa Rica.

When I lived there full time, I never had to leave the country and work was no problem as long as my passport was current. There's ways around this that gringos don't know unless they're friends of ticos, speak the slang, emersed in the culture and have connections. I didn't need to marry a tica for a work permit, cedula or nationality.  I married her for true love. There's the right way and tico way, gringo price and extranjero price.

Thanks for your response. I didn't mean to insinuate that you married for residency, but of course, it was much easier then....and faster!

No offense taken, by no means. Just educating expats that they're many options and unconventional solutions to every problem or need in Costa Rica. I'm not encouraging anyone to go this route, only sharing a little morsel of my knowledge and experiences living amongst the real tico locals. I have stories and seen thing's that most expats never will. We love Costa Rica because it's a less corrupt and regulated. We also are blown away by the lack of service, conveniences, street name signs, sidewalks, addresses, mailboxes, electrical wiring and building codes,  etc.etc. I'll just stop here. We love it and it can drive us nuts at time's. I've learned to accept it for what it is and how to work with it the best way.  Pura vida