Living In Germany

After school, the first four years of my adult life I was a G.I. Joe. The kit and caboodle standard issue of camouflage pajamas and combat boots worn all day at work was the norm for how I went to work.

It was at the cusp of the end of my four-year contract in the Army that I met my wife on a night out in Nuremberg.

I never felt as though I moved to Germany as an expat, it always felt like I moved in from my duty station. Because life on a military base is a different economy and approach to all aspects of being I, to me was like the American flag, in America, on United States soil surrounded by a border that considered itself to be German.

I left the Army to pursue a life with my wife who despite her lack of interest in moving to the greatest nation to ever exist in the history of the whole world past, present, and future... I married and moved in with.

Since 2005 we have left Nuremberg and moved to the beautiful wine country of Wurzburg. We still somehow managed to stay in the region of franconia though.

Hello there,

Welcome to Germany. It's been quite a long time for you here... I hope you and your wife will have a good time.
Nice to meet you!

Thanks.