Need 10 members for Book Club

This is not your regular book club.

This is wine, food and literary excellence.

I need 10 members.
#mauritiusmustread #bookclub #literaryconnect

Hello,

What a great idea!
Could we get a bit more info? Where the meeting will be?
Is it English only? Is there entrance fee?

Warm regards,

Hi,

The meetings will be held at different restaurants and lounges across Mauritius to give us the chance to explore food and spots on the island.

Books will be in English and we'd be reading different genres; contemporary fiction, classics, non-fiction all from some of the best marginalized authors worldwide. A list of titles will be presented and the club can vote on their favorite title.

There are no entry fees. Only cost would be cost for books and if you opt for food or drinks at our meetings.

Meetings would be once every month to discuss the BOTM- Book of the month and network.

I hope this throws more light on the setup.

Best,
Cleopatra

Awesome! Thank you!
I am very interested. That will depend on the day of meeting but if I am free, I am 100% in :)

Hi there, I am super interested so please count me in. I´ll move to Mauritius in January

Hi @nofri, thanks for the interest! We'd be delighted to have you.

I would be interested

Hope it's going to be in English because I barely understand french and the venue would like to know

Hi,

The meetings will be held at different restaurants and lounges across Mauritius to give us the chance to explore food and spots on the island.

Books will be in English and we'd be reading different genres; contemporary fiction, classics, non-fiction all from some of the best marginalized authors worldwide. A list of titles will be presented and the club can vote on their favorite title.

There are no entry fees. Only cost would be cost for books and if you opt for food or drinks at our meetings.

Meetings would be once every month to discuss the BOTM- Book of the month and network.

I hope this throws more light on the setup.

Hello,
I'm very interested.

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks you for your interest. I'll connect directly.

Hi :)
I would also be very interested in a bookclub..

Hello JanaHecht,

Thank you for your interest. I'll connect directly.

Hi Cleopatra,

i somehow registered newly, so here again me and interested;)

Hi,

Welcome back. Connect directly.

hmm, this might interest me

Hi Cleopatra....I would be quite keen on joining a book club. 😊

Hi Poodles,

Does it? I'll reach out directly.

Shauntelle_R wrote:

Hi Cleopatra....I would be quite keen on joining a book club. 😊

Hi Shautelle_R,
Happy to have you on board. I'll connect directly.

Hi Cleopatra... I'd be very keen on joining 😊

Ms_Michelle wrote:

Hi Cleopatra... I'd be very keen on joining 😊

Happy to hear it! I'll connect directly.

Hi Cleo. How are you? I am moving to Mauritius by next month and I am interested. I am an avid reader of books.I am interested in this. I want to ask a question, is it that everybody get their own book when reading a BOTM or one person reads for the other?

Hello Cleopatra,

As a literary junkie, i absolutely love this idea and would love to be a member. I had a book club for children back in Accra which I had to suspend as I was moving here; so any opportunity to engage over books is right up my alley plus over wine, even better. (ha). Would be leaving Mauritius to be back by the end of November. Hope it wouldn't be too late to join if accepted membership.

Regards,
Bea.

sophiesmiles wrote:

Hi Cleo. How are you? I am moving to Mauritius by next month and I am interested. I am an avid reader of books.I am interested in this. I want to ask a question, is it that everybody get their own book when reading a BOTM or one person reads for the other?

Hi Sophie, thanks for reaching out. Everyone gets a copy of the BOTM. We all read individually and discuss the book at our monthly meetup.

Bea1992 wrote:

Hello Cleopatra,

As a literary junkie, i absolutely love this idea and would love to be a member. I had a book club for children back in Accra which I had to suspend as I was moving here; so any opportunity to engage over books is right up my alley plus over wine, even better. (ha). Would be leaving Mauritius to be back by the end of November. Hope it wouldn't be too late to join if accepted membership.

Regards,
Bea.

Hi Bea,
Thanks for the interest. Reach out to me directly when you're back on the island.

Hey. Do I get to Join. I am moving to Mru in 15 days.  And books are how I connect to myself and the world.
I would love to be a part :-)

Sumbulsana wrote:

Hey. Do I get to Join. I am moving to Mru in 15 days.  And books are how I connect to myself and the world.
I would love to be a part :-)

Yes, of course! All book lovers are welcome :)

Hi, was just wondering if this book club is still running?

Sounds awesome! Please count me in!

I read one book a week (at least). I am interested in joining in.
Regards
Ivan

Where does everybody live? If we can get a sense of how many people are interested, we can try and get a book club going:) I think the last one was started a few years ago, so it may no longer be running.

Hello, keen to join this book club if still active or a new one if anyone is interested.

I'm interested in a book club near Tamarin - will be moving there in May :).

Hello,

Lovely to e-meet you and Happy New Year. I hope the new year brings you all the good you wish for. I'm based in London and would love to join a Mauritian book club. If anyone would like to meet over zoom let me know.

Corine

Hi Cleo 101

Love the name, maybe kick off with play Anthony and Cleopatra!  Ha ha I love this Shakespeare's play on jealousy and revenge, ooh a killer.  Just a suggestion as I am game to reading interesting marginalised authors too.  I am keen but live in the North so depends on the time of the day etc to drive back. Am keen to join you all. Maybe we should be 20 odd so at least 10 can make it each time? Just an idea.
@cleopatra101

Hello i am intrested. Could you please tell me the date time and the venue and i will be there. Thanks
What a great idea! Count me in.

Les Allysees in Moka Smart City is a cute little collection of trendy shops and cafés, a great place to hang out.
@cleopatra101

Count me in also. I'll be returning to Mauritius in October 2022 just in time to beat Chicago (USA) winters
Hey friends! I think that the original book club (organised by Cleopatra) is no longer running. However, seeing as there is still interest, perhaps we might form a new book club. We could try and schedule a session in June, in which we meet up, find out what genre of books everyone is interested in, and we can also discuss how to run this book club. Alternatively, we can discuss through this forum and settle upon a book, and meet up once everyone has read the book. What do you all think? @Nazninmk, I think it would be a great idea to include books by diverse authors as well!  PS does anyone have any ideas on how we can also include members who are currently overseas and would like to join in?
Hey all! I'd love to join this book club. I'm from the UK, both of my parents are Mauritian and I've recently decided to move here!

I think a meet up in June to discuss genres & best ways to run the book club is a good idea.

Happy to help if needed!

Kandia