Travelling to phillipines with a dog

Hey guys! So i am living in Thailand with my dog. She was born on the islandand ive had her two years. Due tovisa problems i have to leave thailand!!

I have always loved to go to the Phillopines. I have told that Siargo would be the perfect location for me.

Some people worry that the Philliopines is not a good choice for me to go due to transportation and people have said the phillopines are not noce to dogs! I find it hard to believe that all phillopinos dont like dog - i guess its same as thailand!!

Any advice that you have for me and my fur baby i will appreciate. I am on a two month deadline to get out of thailand before my visa expires

Annajeff wrote:

Hey guys! So i am living in Thailand with my dog. She was born on the islandand ive had her two years. Due tovisa problems i have to leave thailand!!

I have always loved to go to the Phillopines. I have told that Siargo would be the perfect location for me.

Some people worry that the Philliopines is not a good choice for me to go due to transportation and people have said the phillopines are not noce to dogs! I find it hard to believe that all phillopinos dont like dog - i guess its same as thailand!!

Any advice that you have for me and my fur baby i will appreciate. I am on a two month deadline to get out of thailand before my visa expires

Welcome to the forum Annajeff, enjoy and contribute. I do love Thailand and have many western friends that live there with their partners that I work with in Oz and other overseas countries, only visited a few times as a tourist for a few weeks at a time and like very much but for me it came back to my Filipino partner of 8 years, 5 to 6 in Oz and then my retirement,,,,,,, yes let's move to the Philippines.

Like any country you need to get around,,,,, boots on the ground etc and see if it's what you like/can put up with to be blunt. There are lots of better countries to live in and plenty far worse.
As for your furry friend? Yes many in all countries treat their pets like Sh1t and many also do this with their own children and family.
Your biggest dilemma is the move with your friend (if you choose to) Vet fees, flight, Quarantine (perhaps 30 days), your accomodation that accepts pets and a sunny disposition as all this will take time to organise and then the frustrations dealing with bureaucracy. The neighbours will be fine and won't eat your K9 friend in PH.
Research and do it well as you offered only a 2 month window, short time for a move to another country with a pet. Good luck and let us know what you find/decide.
Mayhap a quick visit is in order. Perhaps consider Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos as you can access fairly easily I'm sure.
Good luck and fill us in with updates.

Cheers, Steve.