Tax deduction

Hi Gravitas,

Would you please advise...

I was there in Malaysia with x company for 140 days
And my current project got completed and my employer cancelled my visa , cleared tax and asked me to move back to india
I have got a offer from y company and again I am moving to Malaysia and this happens in the same tax year
So how the tax is being deducted for me after joining y company
Again I need to complete 180 days from beginning or only the leftover days
Are they going to deduct 28 % for next 6 months or how??
Can someone clarify

In my opinion, you will restart from the beginning. Your first day back to malay as your first day counting tax till 183days forward. If you meet 31 dec and 1 january but still didnt stay for 183days, then LHDN will restart to count on 1 january til 3 july.
However the tax the company deducted from your salary will be refundable since the first deduction they make. Example the company start to deduct tax from your payment on september 2019. Til 31 dec you still cannot meet 183days to stayin in Malay, then the days of livin count will restart on january 1 but the total of tax  will refundable from september 2019 til march 2020. And the rest tax deduct from april 2020 til july 2020 will be refundable on march 2021 or when you cancel your visa and tax clearance after july 2019.
Hope my explanation will help you to understand.

Thanks for your opinion..
I had called to LHDN office to ask about this..
So they told once you complete to 183 days doesn't matter how many companies you have switched.
You will have to visit to Lhdn office to  confirm weather i have completed 183 days .so they can stop deducting my 28 %tax..

Still i will have to check on this..