Help—complying au pair requirements

Hi, everyone ! I hope you are all having a great time. :)
I am from the Philippines, and been applying for an Au pair visa to Germany.
I would like to seek some advice or detailed information from my fellow Filipinas who already has an experience with regards to processing an Au pair visa to Germany. I would also love to hear from those who are knowledgeable about it. Here goes my questions:

1. How long does it take for the Host family to get me my health insurance after applying?
2. Do they really have to send me the exact original copy of my health insurance?
3. How about the Meldebescheinigung? Does it have to be in original too?

4. After my Host family have sent me the requirements that I needed from them, do they have to do something in their Embassy/Consulate regarding my visa or whatsoever? Or do they only have to wait for a notification from the German Embassy here in the Philippines after I am done with my appointment? or should they just have to really wait in general?

5. How did you guys do it, entirely? Would love to hear a detailed answer.
6. What are the possible questions that the Embassy will ask during my appointment? I'm screaming for a big help on this one!
😅

Furthermore, I have read the Au pair visa requirements checklist countless times, and I have only read a few that the Embassy will need from my Host. Such as,
A. Au Pair Contract
B. Health Insurance
C. Personal Ids
D. Meldebescheinigung
However, I wonder if there are cases whereas the Embassy might ask for a follow-up document that wasnt listed on the checklist (?) If possibly so, what are they?

P.S I am honestly quite pressured about this, but your advices and replies would definitely help. A million thanks to you all in advance! :)

I'm not Filipino but can give some partial answers. Beppi, the German expert here has personal experience with this subject and can probably give more details. Usually au pairs find such positions through agencies that organize most everything. The insurance will have to be done by the host family or agency. A Meldebescheinigung is a form you get when registering after arrival in Germany. It cannot be done before! And you will need more than just any ID, you have to have a valid passport.

Hi! Thank you very much for your reply, Mr. Tomin. The Embassy indicated on their leaflet that I needed to have an original copy of my Host parents' Meldebescheinigung , Personal IDs and my health Insurance. I was wondering if they 'should' really give me the 'original copy'(?) It is what was indicated on the leaflet, however i think that will definitely cause hesitance for my host parents to comply such, especially for the IDs. I wonder if a copy for all is sufficient (?)😓

redlobster wrote:

Hi! Thank you very much for your reply, Mr. Tomin. The Embassy indicated on their leaflet that I needed to have an original copy of my Host parents' Meldebescheinigung , Personal IDs and my health Insurance. I was wondering if they 'should' really give me the 'original copy'(?) It is what was indicated on the leaflet, however i think that will definitely cause hesitance for my host parents to comply such, especially for the IDs. I wonder if a copy for all is sufficient (?)😓

OK, it's the Meldebescheinigung from the host family rather than you. Well, no sense to ask exactly what the embassy means, ask them yourself! In this day and age a lot of documents are scanned and sent per email. Maybe they would settle for this, so ask them? If not then they would have to get an original copy from the registration office; costs something like 12 Euros, and then they would have to send it through the post. But they are NOT going to send their original ID's though the mail! They would of course scan them and best send them per email. So if the IDs are accepted this way, why not the Meldebescheinigung?

The following is true for Aupaiur visa applications in China and Taiwan:
1. The host family applies for your health insurance online and gets the certificate immediately by email.
2. and 3. Everything is possible to submit as (electronic) copy, except the Aupair contract and invitationletter, which must be original.
4. After the embassy forwarded the matter to them, the local Ausländeramt and Arbeitsamt of the host family's town will contact them to fill in some forms.
5. and 6. Depends on the processing officer at the embassy, thus highly variable.

Beppi,

In your experience would it be better for a person to go through an agency or to go it alone?

The formalities are easy enough to do by oneself - and the agency fees pretty steep at €500-1000 for each Aupair.
There are also several good sites for Aupairs and host families to find each other without agency. (Host families have to pay a fee there, too, but at €40 it's much more reasonable.)
I'd say that, if at all, first time host families could consider engaging an Aupair agency, but it's not a must.