No.

XTang wrote:

No.

Very helpful... :unsure

shobanjraveen wrote:
XTang wrote:

No.

Well, to be fair, you asked a one line question without any context whatsoever.  And I replied in the same vein.

Perhaps, if you make your question more detailed, a better response can be given :)

XTang wrote:
shobanjraveen wrote:
XTang wrote:

No.

Well, to be fair, you asked a one line question without any context whatsoever.  And I replied in the same vein.

Perhaps, if you make your question more detailed, a better response can be given :)

Haha, ok that is fair. Well, maybe a few reasons as to why would be great =)

Ha ha, now we can proceed.

Well the reasons I wouldn't advise retirement:

1) Cost of living is VERY high compared to cheaper retirement destinations in the Far East e.g. Malaysia
2) The amount of investment required to get a longer term visa is unbelievable e.g. a 10 year visa for property investment of AED 10 mn or more.  Bare minimum is AED 1 mn for a 2 year visa.  And you will renew the visa by jumping through all the hoops such as medicals and associated fees
3) Your status as an expat will continue for a lifetime.  There is no way to be naturalized as a citizen
4) You can only sponsor your kids up to the age of 18 after which they need to find their own way.  If you die before they attain that age, they lose their visas.  Minus a few grace periods here or there

Wow the investment into Dubai is very high if one opts for along term visa.

Yes, Malaysia is becoming a good option. Seems Malaysia is the preferred place to retire over Thailand and Philippines in the region, not only for living cost but also because of the good command of English among locals and good quality infrastructure in city areas.

They have a retirement scheme called the Malaysia My Second Home programme. If one can prove an income/pension of around USD 2400 a month, they can quality for a 10 year renewable visa. There are good details at www. movetomalaysia .co .uk

Then there is also Portugal that seems favourable among expats for retirement too.