Things to do before Leaving Dubai

Hi Guys,

I would be leaving Dubai next month, as I have got an offer for Bahrain. I would like to know the following:

1. Will my bank account (salaried account) get closed once my visa gets cancelled? if not, will i get charged any additional fees for keeping it open? Suggestions from people who have been in similar situations would be welcomed.
2. Can i withdraw the my funds after I leave Dubai through online banking, or should i zero down my balance. What happens to my full & final settlement, as I would be getting that only after I leave Dubai.

Any other matters which I need to be aware of?

Thanks & Regards,

Pay off all loans

Get back all deposits i.e. on mobile, rentals and any other connections

Ideally close bank accounts but eventually, these will be marked as dormant by the bank - used to take 6 months past visa expiry date in their systems in the past but have heard that it is pretty quick now.  Once dormant, you won't be able to take money out or put it in.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't have any loans, so i guess that doesn't apply to me. Credit cards, of course I will surrender them.

Coming to bank accounts, i will take out all my deposits, the only issue is my full & final settlement will get credited only after i leave Dubai.
So in this case, will the bank allow me to take out the deposit after I get my full & final?

Thanks

Well that depends on when it hits the bank; as I said, usually, they are not that quick to mark the account as dormant.  The only issue comes in when you have loans as then, the settlement is held to be offset against those loans.  I would imagine you would at least have a month from the time you leave to empty your account.