2nd Expat-Blog Daytrip 18 June to Ji Ming Yi and a Winery

Expat-Blog Daytrip to Jimingyi and a Winery for tasting and viewing.

Date: Sat, 18 June 2011
Time: 08:00
Meeting Point: Outside the Hilton Beijing (Liangma Qiao).
Cost: 350RMB.
Price Includes: Transportation, Lunch, English-speaking guides, Entrance fees, Insurance and Wine Tasting.
Not included: Personal Expenditure.
Recommended: Hat, Comfortable Shoes, Sunblock, Bag / Belt to carry water, Camera and Smile........ Especially the smile...:) 

Morning: Visit to Ji Ming Yi - an ancient Post Station

Hundreds of years ago, people were relocated here in order to establish a post station - to receive and transfer messages in and out of the fortress. Stone tablet records show that China's official postal system started150 years earlier than that of Europe. The village is still encircled by (nearly) complete walls and maintains most of the original architecture, temples, and costumes. It is reminiscent of Pingyao but has not yet suffered the trials and tribulations of mass tourism.

1n 2005, the World Cultural Heritage Fund listed the Post City as one of the World's 100 Endangered Cultural Heritage.

Lunch: At Guanting Reservoir with a view of the lake and vineyards.

Afternoon: A tour of the vineyard and the winery, including viewing the wine making process and tasting several of the chateau's representative wines. The explanation will include how to recognize different types of wines, classification of wines and wine specific vocabulary.

http://api.ning.com/files/r*I8SEn7XNyP8HcwEQnkrfVtFzGlFP3vXcb2JaEHacw0db2izF7btBCIWLVWrJpSvOB2RNmp3BoINyIUCvvkf5gSIPZPY-ER/bottombanner.jpg

Advance registration is essential since space is limited.
Registration for this event is only accepted by email to [email protected] and is only valid if it includes a contact mobile phone number.

For insurance purposes:

Foreign nationals please provide your mobile phone number, your full name as it appears on your passport, your nationality and passport number.

Chinese nationals please provide your mobile phone number, your name in Chinese Hanzi as it appears on your ID card and your ID Card number.

I look forward to seeing you and anticipate having a great day in the peace and quiet of rural Beijing.

Please do remember to register as soon as possible to ensure that there is room for you. Registrations are not accepted after 12:00hrs (noon) on Friday 17 June. This is to allow us enough time to process the insurance. Please note cancellation received after Thursday 16 June 10:00 will not be accepted.

Please do feel free to tell your friends both about Expat-Blog and the trip.

Minimum needed 10 people.
Maximum number 40 people.

For further information please contact me 139 1109 8002.

regards

Manlin

Email sent, look forward to meeting you guys...

Likewise, this should be fun!

We were 17 people on the trip including the guide (Kurt), although not all were Expat-Blog members.

My personal opinion it was a very enjoyable day. If you took pictures and would like to share them either please email them to me or simply uplaod them to this thread. If email please downgrade the pix. I will not be  printing them and web quality will suffice.

Next trip tentatively planned for 23 July.

Destination still TBC - maybe a walk from Fragrant Village to West Lake. Part of this walk is along a river bed and (depending on rainfall) the water can be knee high.

Any interest?