Dependant pass

I moved to and applied for dependant pass for a family member that obviously is dependant on me.

My question is why does it take so long to approve - I mean they can't be dependant on me if they aren't here and it just causes more hardship that I have to pay for an apartment here and temporary housing elsewhere in the world for my dependant and keep sending money.

How is this helping those with dependants? Especially when its a child. Right now literally renting a room with a friend for now...thanks.

Edit: btw it's been about 2 months and still pending.

Could take a year.

Well it's what they want I suppose, immigrants to leave. If not finished by end of June I am leaving. Can't afford to pay two rents, utilities etc. Plus flying back and forth to ensure everything is going well.

Thanks for the horrible experience US :)

You are venting instead of giving information. It all depends on your legal status and dependent's age/relationship.

Okay, so I am on work visa nafta from Canada working in SF, dependant is my child 15 years old and right now renting a room in a friends house in Toronto.

Might be a good time to return to Toronto, help the Raptors celebrate their first NBA title. Take out your frustrations on the Golden State Warriors.

KOII wrote:

Okay, so I am on work visa nafta from Canada working in SF, dependant is my child 15 years old and right now renting a room in a friends house in Toronto.

You made the decision to leave the child behind. Again - no info no potential answer. What is the child's nationality/passport?