Music day in Mexico

Hello everyone,

Music day will be celebrated this 21st of June across the world. It is an opportunity for new expatriates and expats-to-be to discover and get excited about new ways of celebrating this special day in Mexico. Would you be able to answer a few questions to make sure no one misses out on the best events?

Is Music day popular in Mexico?

Tell us about how it is usually celebrated? What activities are usually organised?

Are there traditional activities on Music day (street concerts, festivals etc.)?

Is there a not-to-be-missed event or a place-to-be on Music day?

What do you have planned for this 21st of June?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

I do not remember my small town doing anything for Music Day. Except the bar's were always full.

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Music day will be celebrated this 21st of June across the world. It is an opportunity for new expatriates and expats-to-be to discover and get excited about new ways of celebrating this special day in Mexico. Would you be able to answer a few questions to make sure no one misses out on the best events?

Is Music day popular in Mexico?

Tell us about how it is usually celebrated? What activities are usually organised?

Are there traditional activities on Music day (street concerts, festivals etc.)?

Is there a not-to-be-missed event or a place-to-be on Music day?

What do you have planned for this 21st of June?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

I have asked and it is not celebrated as a fiesta here. The schools have music events, and everyone else waits for Dia de Los Muertos when they can really celebrate.

I don't have school age children so I will be just following my usual routine on the 21st. Nothing competes with Dia de Los Muertos and the 21st is a work day here.

The 15th is fathers day.