Bachelor's in Netherlands

Hi all,

I am a prospective student from India and I wanted to ask you all about the Netherlands. I want to do a bachelors in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or maybe in computer (haven't made up my mind). I have been accepted into UTwente for bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, so I wanted to ask a few questions -
1. Is there a good international environment? Do the Dutch students and teacher get along or do they mind their own business?
2. How are food and housing at UTwente?
3. How are job opportunities in the Netherlands? (I have heard that they are pretty small)
4. Is the education in the Netherlands more exam-based (like India) or is it more about practical like the US?
5. How are the professors? Do the professors like a damn about teaching or are they just interested in research?

Thank you for all your help!

P.S. I got into Purdue and Virginia Tech in the US as well. Also CUHK in Hong Kong and UAlberta and UVic in Canada.

Hi,

I think you can better asking your questions at the UTwente. Call or visit them for more information.

What about job opportunities, I can be pretty clear there are none. I don't think you'll be getting a job with only a bachelor after your studies. You have to speak Dutch to land a job in the Netherlands and then your chanches are still pretty slim.

I've been at the UTwente a couple of times and it seemed pretty decent to me. They maybe aren't at the top of the world, but I know a couple of guys who got their doctorate there and they landed some good jobs afterwards.

By the way: their housing program is on their website ;)