Relocation services in Annecy area

I am a retired US citizen planning to relocate to Annecy, Haute-Savoie later in 2019. I need advice as to how to find a home to rent and opening a French bank account from the US. If it is necessary for me to travel to Annecy I can do that, but want to have everything set up for me so I can finalize while I am there. I am avidly studying the French language right now, but I am still at level A and not proficient at all. If you are aware of any relocating services in Annecy I would greatly it if you would let me know.

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen, we live in annecy and rented a place through airbnb, and are extending our stay privately with the hosts. We opened an account with the postal bank, using a letter attestation of address 'from our airbnb hosts. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply. I was told by a realtor in Annecy that there is high demand (or low supply) of rentals in Annecy and that long-term rentals get snatched up immediately. A landlord may not want to rent to a foreigner who doesn't even have permission to live in France. He suggested that I look at a short-term rental. I may take your advice and try airbnb. It is important, however, that they are registered with the government as I will need their paperwork in order to apply for the long-stay visa. May I ask you? Do you already have a long-stay visa? How do you enjoy daily life in Annecy? I only visited there for four days, but it seemed like the ideal jumping off point for me. I will certainly tour France while living there.

Kathleen