Marriage

Hi, i would like to ask if its possible for a christian man in the philippines that married in a civil law to a non-muslim woman, and convert as a muslim and marries again a non-muslim woman, are they both legally married? The 1st and 2nd wife.

@vee1991 wrote:

Hi, i would like to ask if its possible for a christian man in the Philippines that married in a civil law to a non-Muslim woman, and convert as a Muslim and marries again a non-Muslim woman, are they both legally married? The 1st and 2nd wife.

Well it sounds to me that they are both legal.

He was a christian and got married. Then later become a Muslim so now is allowed to marry more. So then marries another.

Am not sure of the Muslim marriage laws in the Philippines, however if he was converted alright to being a Muslim then he sure is allowed to marry more than one, and hence he marrying the 2nd woman in a legal and biding way as the first. If he was able to do that, meaning he went through all the legal procedures that the law allows for Muslim men to marry more than one.

in all the answer that you seek, is asking or making sure the marriage of the second was done and recognized by the laws of the Philippines.

@vee1991 your marriage in Philippines is valid only in Philippines unless you registered your marriage in Philippines here in Saudi. So if you convert into muslim and marry another one here in Saudi, that 2nd marriage will only be valid also in Saudi. If your spouse in Philippines will file a case of concubinage against you, it will not be honored by the court since accusation of concubinage is happened outside the Philippine territory so it's not covered with the jurisdiction of Philippine law. But if your spouse will file a complaint against you, she can request from the DFA to get you deported back to Philippines.