EP Category 3: Is VDR required for the country of Jordan?

Hello. I am a bit confused.

According to the guidebook from Malaysia ESD:

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/tc-es … 181102.pdf

At page 23, it says that "It is mandatory for Employment Pass (Category III) successful applicants to obtain Visa with Reference for entry into the country (only applicable for countries requiring visa)"

The part in bold is what is confusing to me. Because my passport is Jordanian. Jordan doesn't need a visa for entry into Malaysia (visa-free up to 90 days).

However, my company (under MDEC) just recieved approval for my category 3 employment pass and asked me to apply for a VDR from the malaysian embassy. How come is that, when Jordan doesn't require a visa?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Not sure if the Quick Guide is up to date as it was published before the current government took over and there have been changes to procedures. Does it say anything in your Visa Approval Letter about a VDR

It might be a new requirement for all Category 3 approvals. But once you have checked your letter it might be clear. The VDR is approved by the Home Ministry not immigration as the home ministry is responsible for all overseas consulates and high commissions (where VDRs are collected). If there is nothing in the VAL then ask HR in case they forgot your nationality.....

It does. The acknowledgement letter does say I have to visit the embassy, show the letter and apply for a VDR.

The main troubling thing for me is how long is the VDR application going to take? Do you happen to have any idea?

See below (getting duplicate postings)

I dont know the procedure in your particular country and you will need to make enquiries. However it is quite quick usually taking only 2-3 days.

Check carefully how you have to make payments as they may have to be by bank draft or cheque for accounting reasons

EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA IN AMMAN, JORDAN

https://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy14060/

No. 5, Tayseer Na'na'ah Street
Off Umawiyeen Street
Abdoun
P.O. Box 5351
Amman 11183
Jordan
TELEPHONE(+962) 6-590 2400
FAX(+962) 6-593 4343
Email [email protected]. my
OFFICE HOURSSunday-Thursday: 08.00-15.00

FACTS ABOUT THE EMBASSY
Malaysia in Jordan: Malaysia's embassy in Amman is the only Malaysian representation in Jordan.

Please contact the embassy in Amman directly for inquiries and questions regarding visa regulations and passport requirements. Note that the embassy may not be able to assist. Please contact the embassy to verify address and opening hours.

Thank you. Will do.