Pet import to Zanzibar

Hello,

I will be moving to Zanzibar (from america) with my cat in August 2019. I know the details regarding health certification, vaccines and import permits.

Ideally, we would enter through Abeid Amani Karume International Airport in Zanzibar. Is it possible for pets to enter there? Or must we go through the mainland via Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam or Kilimanjaro International Airport in Arusha.

Thank you!!
Brittany

Hi!

Just to update - you can now enter with a cat through the airport in Zanzibar, you do not have to go through Dar es Salaam!

Hello, can you tell me how to get import permit as I need to get my pet cat to Zanzibar. Thank you

I am from Chicago and I Need to herb permit for my cat to travel to Zanzibar. Also if you can tell me what else I need to do .. I appreciate

Hey, did you ever get info about pet import. Please let me know. Thanks

Hey, looking into bringing my cat to Tanzania from US. I was hoping you could give me more info regarding getting my import permit. Thank you so much!

@Fatimaas hi I have all the relevant paperwork for my dog, but they are telling me I need to go through Dar and not directly into Zanzibar help pls